* problems with project
@ 2005-06-14 13:08 Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-06-14 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm setting up a structure for a project. Everything works fine when I
compile the project file. When I compile one of the products I get
output as well,  but it includes automatically the "content" and all
lists. The list of abbreviations and the index are included before the
main text of this component starts. Why does this happen? I expected
that only the environment file is loaded and nothing else.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang

I have following files and structure (simplyfied)

project: wooddoc.tex:

    \startproject wooddoc

    \environment environment

    \startfrontmatter
    \completecontent
    \product intro
    \stopfrontmatter

    \startbodymatter
    \product wood_anatomy
    \product wood_model
    \product wood_description_of_species
    \stopbodymatter

    \startbackmatter
    \completelistofabbreviations
    \completeindex[n=3]
    \stopbackmatter

    \stopproject

product: wood_description_of_species.tex

    \startproduct wood_description_of_species
    \project wooddoc

    \chapter{Description of selected wood species}
        some text here

    \component wood_description_of_species/douglas_fir
       %and there are some more components

    \stopproduct

component wood_description_of_species/douglas_fir.tex % is in a subfolder

    \startcomponent douglas_fir
    \project wooddoc
    \product wood_description_of_species

    \section{Douglas fir {(\it Pseudotsuga menziesii)}}
       here some text

    \stopcomponent

* Re: problems with project
@ 2005-06-14 17:00 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-06-14 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:

> I have following files and structure (simplyfied)
>
> project: wooddoc.tex:
>
>     \startproject wooddoc
>
>     \environment environment
>
>     \startfrontmatter
>     \completecontent
>     \product intro
>     \stopfrontmatter
> [...]

Hello Wolfgang,

it's considered, that the project-file contains only setup-commands and a
list of products, but no commands, that generate directly output.

When you compile a product, the referenced project-file gets included in
some manner, so every product of the project will inherit the same setups.
Compiling the project-file is seldom useful. It will generate all products
in one file.

Consider just, that one product is one document, and a component is a kind
of "sub-document" for example a chapter. And the project-file is just a
list of documents, that should inherit some common setups.

I hope, this helps.
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: problems with project
@ 2005-06-15  6:59   ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-06-15  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Peter,

thank you very much! That helped. It wasn't clear for me that no direct
textput is allowed in the project file.

Cheers

Wolfgang