* How to indent the first paragraph in Chinese processing ?
@ 2005-06-14 14:50 Xiao Jianfeng
From: Xiao Jianfeng @ 2005-06-14 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Could someone give me some hints about how to indent the first paragraph
  in Chinese processing ?

Thank you.

Xiao Jianfeng

* Re: How to indent the first paragraph in Chinese processing ?
@ 2005-06-14 15:37 ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2005-06-14 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

> Could someone give me some hints about how to indent the first
> paragraph in Chinese processing ?

Is this about setting the indentnext option to no perhaps?

\setupheads
  [chapter,section,subsection,...]
  [indentnext=no,
   ...]

Or are you thinking of something else?,
        nikolai

* Re: How to indent the first paragraph in Chinese processing ?
@ 2005-06-15  2:07   ` Xiao Jianfeng
From: Xiao Jianfeng @ 2005-06-15  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Nikolai

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Xiao Jianfeng wrote:
>

>>Could someone give me some hints about how to indent the first
>>paragraph in Chinese processing ?
>

> Is this about setting the indentnext option to no perhaps?
>
> \setupheads
>   [chapter,section,subsection,...]
>   [indentnext=no,
>    ...]
>
> Or are you thinking of something else?,
>         nikolai

Normally, all paragraphs are indented in Chinese documents. But when I
use "\setupindenting[first,medium]" to setup indentation for every
paragraph, it has no effect on the first paragraph at all. I can't
change the indentation even I put "indenting[...]" before the first
paragraph.

Anyway, thank you :)

Best wishes.

@ 2005-06-15 13:04     ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2005-06-15 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

> Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> > Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

> > >Could someone give me some hints about how to indent the first
> > >paragraph in Chinese processing ?

> > Is this about setting the indentnext option to no perhaps?

> Normally, all paragraphs are indented in Chinese documents. But when I
> use "\setupindenting[first,medium]" to setup indentation for every
> paragraph, it has no effect on the first paragraph at all. I can't
> change the indentation even I put "indenting[...]" before the first
> paragraph.

Yes, I get the same results.  \indent doesn't work either.

I took a look on the code dealing with \setupindenting and it seems as
if first is being processed correctly.  The problem seems to be in
\presetindentation, and redefining it slightly seems to help:

\setupindenting
  [first,medium]
\def\presetindentation
  {\ifindentfirstparagraph\doindentation\else\noindentation\fi}
\starttext
\chapter{First}
\input tufte
\stoptext

I don't in any way guarantee that this is the right way to solve it, but it
works,
        nikolai

* Re: How to indent the first paragraph in Chinese processing ?
@ 2005-06-16  3:15       ` Xiao Jianfeng
From: Xiao Jianfeng @ 2005-06-16  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Xiao Jianfeng wrote:
>

>>Nikolai Weibull wrote:

>>>Is this about setting the indentnext option to no perhaps?
>

>>Normally, all paragraphs are indented in Chinese documents. But when I
>>use "\setupindenting[first,medium]" to setup indentation for every
>>paragraph, it has no effect on the first paragraph at all. I can't
>>change the indentation even I put "indenting[...]" before the first
>>paragraph.
>

> Yes, I get the same results.  \indent doesn't work either.
>
> I took a look on the code dealing with \setupindenting and it seems as
> if first is being processed correctly.  The problem seems to be in
> \presetindentation, and redefining it slightly seems to help:
>
> \setupindenting
>   [first,medium]
> \def\presetindentation
>   {\ifindentfirstparagraph\doindentation\else\noindentation\fi}
> \starttext
> \chapter{First}
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
>
> I don't in any way guarantee that this is the right way to solve it, but it
> works,
>         nikolai

Thanks ! It works :)

Xiao Jianfeng