* unicode / utf
@ 2005-06-22 18:05 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-22 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I uploaded a new beta archive with under context/extras a file showunic.tex.

The resulting pdf can be fetched from the website (manuals -> fonts -> ...)

When playing with this i could not get the hebrew vector working. I think that
we need (a volunteer) to make (us) some kind of hebrew/arab encoding and fall
back font (probably virtual) with all glyphs (no ligs needed for arab, just
individual shapes).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: unicode / utf
@ 2005-06-22 23:01 ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2005-06-22 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen said this at Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:05:49 +0200:

>I uploaded a new beta archive with under context/extras a file showunic.tex.

showunic.pdf is very attractive, but I think you need some encoding
vectors for VN stuff-you're using the fallbacks there. I have them on my
machine, and will clean them up for some special occasion.

Hmm. Are you sure that showunic.tex was included in the distro? I
downloaded twice, and didn't find it. I did notice a new unic-run, however.

adam
 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492

* Re: unicode / utf
@ 2005-06-23  8:16   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-23  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adam Lindsay wrote:

> showunic.pdf is very attractive, but I think you need some encoding
> vectors for VN stuff-you're using the fallbacks there. I have them on my
> machine, and will clean them up for some special occasion.

indeed we need vietnamese

also, there may be a better choice for a russian encoding

concerning greek: we nee to sort out an encoing there because iwona and such
will ship with greek

[we can try to use antykwa since it has latin, greek, vietnamese and cyrillic]

> Hmm. Are you sure that showunic.tex was included in the distro? I
> downloaded twice, and didn't find it. I did notice a new unic-run, however.

ah, i used the old name in the assembly script -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: unicode / utf
@ 2005-06-22 19:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-22 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I've been dealing with getting Unicode Arabic working for the Arabic project
> so I'll be glad to help with the Arabic part. I have some fresh ideas for a
> new standard in this regard also...

ok, so how about a proper combined arab/hebrew font/encoding first (so that we
can map the unicode vectors and have decent fall back scenarios)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* RE: unicode / utf
@ 2005-06-22 19:21 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-06-22 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I've been dealing with getting Unicode Arabic working for the Arabic project
so I'll be glad to help with the Arabic part. I have some fresh ideas for a
new standard in this regard also...

Best
Idris

>===== Original Message From Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> =====
>I think that
>we need (a volunteer) to make (us) some kind of hebrew/arab encoding and fall
>back font (probably virtual) with all glyphs (no ligs needed for arab, just
>individual shapes).

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University