* tables, etc.
@ 2005-06-23  9:50 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2005-06-23  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list members,

I have the following questions:

1) I want a table at textwidth. The contents of the boxes don't fit on
one line. When I use "|lp|lp|" etc., the width of the table is a
fraction of textwidth, and the contents of the columns overlay each
other (with long, unhyphenated words). I found "\SetTableToWidth{}" in
the beginner's manual (Table 11.3), but no matter where I placed that,
it didn't do anything, nor did all my other attempts. I finally
adjusted the table by hand (|lp(4cm)| etc). Is there a way of setting
the width of the table and let ConTEXt do the rest?

2) The horizontal rules (\HL) are a bit longer than the the text in the
table. How does one adjust them such that they are flush on both sides?
I tried with \DL, but didn't get what I hoped for.

3) I am using uncaptioned figures in the margin. When they are too
close, they overlap. Is there a way of making them know of each other's
existence (I sometimes want them as close as possible), or do I have to
place the code at an appropriate position myself?

Thank you for your patience, Jörg

* Re: tables, etc.
@ 2005-06-23 10:12 ` luigi.scarso
From: luigi.scarso @ 2005-06-23 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jörg Hagmann wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I have the following questions:
>
> 1) I want a table at textwidth. The contents of the boxes don't fit on
> one line. When I

See
http://contextgarden.net/Tables_Overview

maybe TABLE (natural tables) can help you.

luigi