* strange behaviour with \scale
@ 2005-07-01 15:35 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-07-01 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

could anybody explain, why the "DRAFT" is bigger on the last two pages
please?

\defineoverlay[Draft][{\scale[factor=max]{\rotate[rotation=60]{~DRAFT~}}}]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=Draft]
\starttext
\starttables[|l|]
\dorecurse{200}{\NC hallo \NC\AR}
\stoptables
\stoptext

Cheers and TIA, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: strange behaviour with \scale
@ 2005-07-01 17:26 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-07-01 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:

> could anybody explain, why the "DRAFT" is bigger on the last two pages
> please?

I played with

\defineoverlay[Draft][{\scale[factor=max]
{\rotate[rotation=60]{\framed[strut=no,offset=0pt]{\strut~DRAFT~\strut}}}}]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=Draft]
\showstruts
\starttext
\dorecurse{400}{hallo \crlf}
\starttables[|l|]
\dorecurse{200}{\NC hallo \NC\AR}
\stoptables
\showlayout
\stoptext

>From the page where \starttables start till the prelast page where the
"tables" stop, '~' is "squeezed" somehow. There's also no \strut
present in that lines if you take a closer look. I don't have a clue,
but you have good imagination!

If you need a solution: use {\ Draft\ }
If you need the reason: wait for the expert(s)

Mojca

* Re: strange behaviour with \scale
@ 2005-07-01 20:20   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-07-01 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> If you need a solution: use {\ Draft\ }

Thanks a lot! I didn't think about this kind of space at all...

> If you need the reason: wait for the expert(s)

I don't need it, but it would certainly be interesting ;)

Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2005-07-01 20:37     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-07-01 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Mojca Miklavec

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>

>>If you need a solution: use {\ Draft\ }
>

> Thanks a lot! I didn't think about this kind of space at all...
>

>>If you need the reason: wait for the expert(s)
>

> I don't need it, but it would certainly be interesting ;)

 From looking at it quickly, it seems sometimes the output routine
is called when the ~ command has the 'normal' definition, and
sometimes when it has TaBlE's definition. These do not produce
identical results (~ in TaBlE has the width of a 'zero' digit).

I'm not sure why this happens, though.

Taco

* Re: strange behaviour with \scale
@ 2005-07-02 14:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-02 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could anybody explain, why the "DRAFT" is bigger on the last two pages
> please?
>
> \defineoverlay[Draft][{\scale[factor=max]{\rotate[rotation=60]{~DRAFT~}}}]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=Draft]
> \starttext
> \starttables[|l|]
> \dorecurse{200}{\NC hallo \NC\AR}
> \stoptables
> \stoptext

the meaning of ~ chances inside a table and the last pages are flushed when the
table is already typeset; a solution is:

\let\normalactivetilde~
\let\normalactivebar  |

\appendtoks\let~\normalactivetilde\to\everypagebody
\appendtoks\let|\normalactivebar  \to\everypagebody

another solution is to set the meaning of ~ at the table cell level; you may add
that to the wiki as a feature reaquest -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE