Hello, Some TeX challenge (probably not solvable?): for gurus only. Is there a way to somehow \starthidden ... \stophidden, which would leave exactly the same amount of blank space as if the content would be typeset? Adam suggested to use transparent font colour, but this doesn't solve the problem as this won't stop the images, frames and nested \color[red]{font color changing commands} being displayed. I tried to adapt the macro \demobox from the TeXBOOK which processes token by token and draws an empty box instead of that token. It works perfectly as long as there is only plain text between the braces, but as soon there is something more complex, it breaks. This behaviour is probably to be expected, but I have no idea how to let all the commands do what they are expected to do and only prohibit placing any boxes with some content. Thanks, Mojca