* Re: ConTeXt in use
@ 2005-07-09  7:29 ` John R. Culleton
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-07-09  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Arun Swarup

On Saturday 09 July 2005 10:51 am, Arun Swarup wrote:
> hi,
>
> I see many books typeset with LaTeX, but what about ConTeXt?
>
> I haven't seen any books typset using ConTeXt (excluding ConTeXt
> manuals, of courz :P). Have you?
>
> -arun

Only the ones I do. I lay out and typeset books for money. I can
use any tools I like. For something simple like a novel I use
plain pdftex. But if there is any degree of complication in the
layout I use Context.

I'm a little busy this morning but if you like I can send you a
list of books I have set up using Context.

In fact, visit my page
http://wexfordress.com/wexref.html

About half those books were done in Context.
John Culleton

Able Indexers and Typesetters

* ConTeXt in use
@ 2005-07-09 10:51 Arun Swarup
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Arun Swarup @ 2005-07-09 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

I see many books typeset with LaTeX, but what about ConTeXt?

I haven't seen any books typset using ConTeXt (excluding ConTeXt
manuals, of courz :P). Have you?

-arun

___________________________

and what i used to think was me is just a fading memory.

- nine inch nails
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

* Re: ConTeXt in use
@ 2005-07-09 13:17 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-07-09 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I see many books typeset with LaTeX, but what about ConTeXt?

One of the reasons may be that a lot of editors don't change the
default layout of LaTeX, so many LaTeX books look like the standard
classes.

But there is no real default ConTeXt layout (well, not really usable :-)
so there is more distinction involved here.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: ConTeXt in use
@ 2005-07-09 17:35 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2005-07-09 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 03:51:12 -0700 (PDT)
Arun Swarup <arunswarup@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I haven't seen any books typset using ConTeXt (excluding ConTeXt
> manuals, of courz :P). Have you?

All of the ones at the site below. "History of Astronomy" is actually a
facimile reprint, so Context is rather incidental, although it is used
to assemble all the pages.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                              History of Astronomy
http://sattre-press.com/               During the 19th Century

* Re: ConTeXt in use
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-07-09 22:49 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-07-09 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2005-07-09 um 12:51 schrieb Arun Swarup:

> I see many books typeset with LaTeX, but what about ConTeXt?
> I haven't seen any books typset using ConTeXt (excluding ConTeXt
> manuals, of courz :P). Have you?

There are two books of the German Unitarian Fellowship that I set
with ConTeXt:
- Was glauben sie eigentlich (about the fellowship)
- UNvollendeter Weg (texts by Kofi Annan about the UNO)
see http://verlag.unitarier.de

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: ConTeXt in use
@ 2005-07-10  7:43   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-07-10  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2005-07-09 um 12:51 schrieb Arun Swarup:
>
>> I see many books typeset with LaTeX, but what about ConTeXt?
>> I haven't seen any books typset using ConTeXt (excluding ConTeXt
>> manuals, of courz :P). Have you?
>

> There are two books of the German Unitarian Fellowship that I set  with
> ConTeXt:
> - Was glauben sie eigentlich (about the fellowship)
> - UNvollendeter Weg (texts by Kofi Annan about the UNO)
> see http://verlag.unitarier.de

The fascimile reprint of "Bloei der Decadence" by J. Polak is done
in ConTeXt (by Frans Goddijn): http://www.johanpolak.nl

Taco

* Re: Re: ConTeXt in use
@ 2005-07-10 13:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-10 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>>I see many books typeset with LaTeX, but what about ConTeXt?
>

> One of the reasons may be that a lot of editors don't change the
> default layout of LaTeX, so many LaTeX books look like the standard
> classes.
>
> But there is no real default ConTeXt layout (well, not really usable :-)
> so there is more distinction involved here.

indeed; i think that no one would recognize the books we (help) produce here as
being typeset with tex

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl