* Making texshow easier to edit
@ 2005-07-07 12:39 Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2005-07-07 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following things would make editing the texshow wiki a lot easier to
edit:

* Preview displays of changes
* Easy cross-referencing between commands
* Not putting everything inside <pre>...</pre> tags

When making changes, having a preview display makes it easier to decide
on what works and what doesn't before "commiting".

I added documentation to the \quote command and thought that having
links to \setupquote and \setuplanguage would be helpful.  I had to
create <a href>-type tags for this with long-winded query-strings.  It
would be much easier to have some automatic cross-referencing going on
(a la WikiWords perhaps, but using \ as a signal?).

When everything is put inside <pre>...</pre> tags, line-breaks become
significant, which makes it very hard to tell where to break a line.  It
would be much better if the browser could decide this for itself.

Anyway, I think that texshow is a great utility and hopefully more
commands will be described and commented upon.  For me to continue doing
this, I'd probably have to have the above features available before I
did so,
        nikolai