* bug / feature portal
@ 2005-07-20 22:11 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-20 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

in addition to the wiki there is now a portal for tracking bugs and
feature requests

  http://context.literatesolutions.com/

this is *not* a replacement for the wiki, which is and will be the primary place for on-line user support etc etc. Although the portal is mainly meant for those involved in the development and therefore is moderated, it is open for anyone who wants to contribute in bug reports and feature requests. It's still somewhat experimental and we're trying to figure out the best way to deal with things like bugs (without too much overhead for the developers). In due time there will also be some additional resources for the purpose of history.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bug / feature portal
@ 2005-07-20 22:35 ` Stuart Jansen
From: Stuart Jansen @ 2005-07-20 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 00:11 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> in addition to the wiki there is now a portal for tracking bugs and
> feature requests

I'm excited to have a bug tracker, but I didn't like the forums. In my
experience, forums and lists are competitor. Forums are more opaque than
lists. I don't want to monitor both. And I'm not sure the community is
large enough to really take advantage of a Web forum.

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen@gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.

* Re: bug / feature portal
@ 2005-07-21  7:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-21  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stuart Jansen wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 00:11 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>in addition to the wiki there is now a portal for tracking bugs and
>>feature requests
>>

>I'm excited to have a bug tracker, but I didn't like the forums. In my
>experience, forums and lists are competitor. Forums are more opaque than
>lists. I don't want to monitor both. And I'm not sure the community is
>large enough to really take advantage of a Web forum.

the forum is mostly meant for the developers, but we don't want to restrict it too much; there is no problem with reporting bugs to the list, they will be picked up from there and collected in the portal; if we don't do it that way, they slowly scroll out of view in our mailboxes -)

so don't worry, you can focus on the mailing list (there is also a separate context dev list for when things become too technical)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bug / feature portal
@ 2005-07-25 10:43 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2005-07-25 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pragma

Still not accessable - though the site learnt English meanwhile (see below).

Steffen

Site error

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The errors were:

Error Type
AttributeError
Error Value
portal_transforms
Request made at
2005/07/25 06:38:24.765 GMT-4

Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de> wrote:

>  Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>  >  in addition to the wiki there is now a portal for tracking bugs and
>  >  feature requests
>  >
>  >    http://context.literatesolutions.com/
>

>  I tried to place a request there:
>  http://context.literatesolutions.com/forums/context/forum_add_topic_form
>
>  but was rejected by a (German?) error message:
>

>  Site Fehler
>
>  Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Die Fehlermeldung lautet:
>
>  Fehlertyp
>       AttributeError
>  Fehlerwert
>       portal_transforms