From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: hufflen@lifc.univ-fcomte.fr, mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Adding webpage to the bibliography entries
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:49:43 +0200	[thread overview]

Elena Fraboschi wrote:

>In the context of bibligraphies, I have been looking at two topics
>that were the subject of presentations at one of the last TUG meetings,
>namely,
>
>Bibulus
>MLBibTeX
>
>Bibulus interests me because it creates bibliographies directly in
>XML.  MLBibTeX interests me because of its extended encoding (it is billed as
>"European style bibliography").  In either case, at this time they are for
>developers only: neither is  ready for prime time use (though you can download
>packages and "play" with them).  On the other hand, they seem to be getting
>*very* close to prime time readiness.   Conclusion:  if
>ConTeXt is going to undertake some work concerning "the bibliography",
>it might be a good idea to consider how that work might tie in with Bibulus or
>MLBibTeX, or both.  This said as an after thought to what Mojca said.  Best,

My impression (from talks that i've heard) is that bibulis is not yet mature and it was mainly a food for thought talk but the status may have changed.

MLBibTeX has a longer history and its author is very serious in his efforts to get it done and reports on a regular basis at user group meetings. Concerning context, taco (when he has time) will look into it in more detail and he has already discussed some things with Jean-Michel; once we know that all info needed is carried around, writing an xml interface is easy (i can do that if needed, but others need to provide specs and examples).

Don't hesitate to contact Jean Michel and express your wishes; he's quite willing to provide more info.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE