* Scite spelling support
@ 2005-07-31 14:19 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-07-31 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Yesterday I installed the support files you provided on the website.
Interesetingly it worked with the version 1.62 of Scite. But not with
version !.64 which I downloaded today. Though there are the CTX menue
lines in the tools menue I can't get the spellchecker working. Anlike in
the older version 1.62. There are no messages during starting Scite. So
I am a bit puzzled.

During my first tests with the older 1.62 Version I collected some remarks:

Uk-wordlist

Caps at the beginning of a word are not recognized e.g. "The" is
underlined red indicating an error.
The section "m" is uncomplete in the spell-uk.txt. It ends with meningo...

NL-word-list

The word "rug" misses in the Dutch word-list
Dutch words are not recognized when starting with a capital letter. e.g.
Betreft
The article "de" misses in the Dutch word-list. Althogh the "De"
is not recognized it is also not underlined with red.
At line 8904 in de word-list: d\'eg‚n‚r‚ - Meaning?
The word "mag" is not included in the Dutch word-list

Otherwise it looks like we will have a nice tool!

Willi

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-07-31 18:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-31 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:

> Yesterday I installed the support files you provided on the website.
> Interesetingly it worked with the version 1.62 of Scite. But not with
> version !.64 which I downloaded today. Though there are the CTX menue
> lines in the tools menue I can't get the spellchecker working. Anlike
> in the older version 1.62. There are no messages during starting
> Scite. So I am a bit puzzled.

Are you sure that the right properties are loaded? (Try to insert the
ctx import in a user file; also keep in mind that after sucha change you
need to close/open scite)

> During my first tests with the older 1.62 Version I collected some
> remarks:
>
> Uk-wordlist
>
> Caps at the beginning of a word are not recognized e.g. "The" is
> underlined red indicating an error.
> The section "m" is uncomplete in the spell-uk.txt. It ends with
> meningo...

maybe we can collect some better word lists; actually, it is possible to
handle multiple lists per language (in the properties file you can
specify a comma separated list of files)

> NL-word-list
>
> The word "rug" misses in the Dutch word-list
> Dutch words are not recognized when starting with a capital letter.
> e.g. Betreft

ok, i can have a look at that

> The article "de" misses in the Dutch word-list. Althogh the "De"
> is not recognized it is also not underlined with red.

i skip words <= 3 chars (is configurable)

> At line 8904 in de word-list: d\'eg‚n‚r‚ - Meaning?

> Otherwise it looks like we will have a nice tool!

i'll also implement context syntax checking some time

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-07-31 19:13   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-07-31 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your reply. Still no success after placeing "import
scite-ctx" into the Scite user file.

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I installed the support files you provided on the website.
>> Interesetingly it worked with the version 1.62 of Scite. But not with
>> version !.64 which I downloaded today. Though there are the CTX menue
>> lines in the tools menue I can't get the spellchecker working. Anlike
>> in the older version 1.62. There are no messages during starting
>> Scite. So I am a bit puzzled.
>

> Are you sure that the right properties are loaded? (Try to insert the
> ctx import in a user file; also keep in mind that after sucha change you
> need to close/open scite)

Yes quite so, because in the menu Option list there is an "open
scite-ctx.properties"

>> During my first tests with the older 1.62 Version I collected some
>> remarks:
>>
>> Uk-wordlist
>>
>> Caps at the beginning of a word are not recognized e.g. "The" is
>> underlined red indicating an error.
>> The section "m" is uncomplete in the spell-uk.txt. It ends with
>> meningo...
>

> maybe we can collect some better word lists; actually, it is possible to
> handle multiple lists per language (in the properties file you can
> specify a comma separated list of files)

Would be nice, however I have no clue where to look for such lists :-(

>> NL-word-list
>>
>> The word "rug" misses in the Dutch word-list
>> Dutch words are not recognized when starting with a capital letter.
>> e.g. Betreft
>

> ok, i can have a look at that
>
>> The article "de" misses in the Dutch word-list. Althogh the "De"
>> is not recognized it is also not underlined with red.
>

> i skip words <= 3 chars (is configurable)

aha!

>> At line 8904 in de word-list: d\'eg‚n‚r‚ - Meaning?
>

>> Otherwise it looks like we will have a nice tool!
>

> i'll also implement context syntax checking some time
Thanks for your input
Willi

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-07-31 19:30   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-07-31 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

After reinstalling the Scite 1.64 and putting the support files in place
again, I get the following error:

"attempt to call a string value
 >Lua: error occurred while loading startup script"

Does this mean something to you?

Willi

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I installed the support files you provided on the website.
>> Interesetingly it worked with the version 1.62 of Scite. But not with
>> version !.64 which I downloaded today. Though there are the CTX menue
>> lines in the tools menue I can't get the spellchecker working. Anlike
>> in the older version 1.62. There are no messages during starting
>> Scite. So I am a bit puzzled.
>

> Are you sure that the right properties are loaded? (Try to insert the
> ctx import in a user file; also keep in mind that after sucha change you
> need to close/open scite)
>
>> During my first tests with the older 1.62 Version I collected some
>> remarks:
>>
>> Uk-wordlist
>>
>> Caps at the beginning of a word are not recognized e.g. "The" is
>> underlined red indicating an error.
>> The section "m" is uncomplete in the spell-uk.txt. It ends with
>> meningo...
>

> maybe we can collect some better word lists; actually, it is possible to
> handle multiple lists per language (in the properties file you can
> specify a comma separated list of files)
>
>> NL-word-list
>>
>> The word "rug" misses in the Dutch word-list
>> Dutch words are not recognized when starting with a capital letter.
>> e.g. Betreft
>

> ok, i can have a look at that
>
>> The article "de" misses in the Dutch word-list. Althogh the "De"
>> is not recognized it is also not underlined with red.
>

> i skip words <= 3 chars (is configurable)
>
>> At line 8904 in de word-list: d\'eg‚n‚r‚ - Meaning?
>

>> Otherwise it looks like we will have a nice tool!
>

> i'll also implement context syntax checking some time
> Hans

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-07-31 19:48     ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]       ` <42EE8CB7.4080809@boede.nl>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-31 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:

>>> Yesterday I installed the support files you provided on the website.
>>> Interesetingly it worked with the version 1.62 of Scite. But not
>>> with version !.64 which I downloaded today. Though there are the CTX
>>> menue lines in the tools menue I can't get the spellchecker working.
>>> Anlike in the older version 1.62. There are no messages during
>>> starting Scite. So I am a bit puzzled.
>>

>> Are you sure that the right properties are loaded? (Try to insert the
>> ctx import in a user file; also keep in mind that after sucha change
>> you need to close/open scite)
>

> Yes quite so, because in the menu Option list there is an "open
> scite-ctx.properties"

strange, is lua loaded?

Hans

ps. Can you try the mswincontext zip? I updated the file today (there was some old stuff in it, a redundant system tree, and some pieces were missed some pieces; i also changed texmfstart a bit in order to get rid of a possible visus pattern).

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-07-31 19:52     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-31 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> After reinstalling the Scite 1.64 and putting the support files in
> place again, I get the following error:
>
> "attempt to call a string value
> >Lua: error occurred while loading startup script"

normally it means that there is some error in the script (lua has rather obscure messages); is there line number mentioned?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-08-01  7:53       ` Coydell Rivers
       [not found]       ` <42EE8CB7.4080809@boede.nl>
From: Coydell Rivers @ 2005-08-01  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Han, I'm responding to your PS{}.I've just downloaded
mswincontext.zip.
This program AVG Free Edition Program version: 7.0.338 virus base:
267.9.7/60
Release date: 7/28/2005 3:15:00 PM
will not let you use a detected virus file(.)

texmfstart.exe file-size 610,304 dated 7/30/2005 DETECTED
texmfstart.exe file-size 610,304 dated 7/27/2005 DETECTED
I had to replace the above with:
texmfstart.exe file-size 584,000 dated 12/20/2004
So is this program the bomb or what.

>>> Are you sure that the right properties are loaded? (Try to insert the
>>> ctx import in a user file; also keep in mind that after sucha change you
>>> need to close/open scite)
>>

>> Yes quite so, because in the menu Option list there is an "open
>> scite-ctx.properties"
>
> strange, is lua loaded?
> Hans
> ps. Can you try the mswincontext zip? I updated the file today (there was
> some old stuff in it, a redundant system tree, and some pieces were missed
> some pieces; i also changed texmfstart a bit in order to get rid of a
> possible visus pattern).

> --

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-08-01  9:19         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-08-01  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Coydell Rivers wrote:
> Hello Han, I'm responding to your PS{}.I've just downloaded
> mswincontext.zip.
> This program AVG Free Edition Program version: 7.0.338 virus base:
> 267.9.7/60
> Release date: 7/28/2005 3:15:00 PM
> will not let you use a detected virus file(.)
>
> texmfstart.exe file-size 610,304 dated 7/30/2005 DETECTED
> texmfstart.exe file-size 610,304 dated 7/27/2005 DETECTED
> I had to replace the above with:
> texmfstart.exe file-size 584,000 dated 12/20/2004
> So is this program the bomb or what.

It could be infected if Hans' machine is, because some local dlls
are included in the compiled version by the rubyscript to exe
compiler. Perhaps he should download AVG to check his local system?

Taco

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-08-01 10:23           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-01 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Coydell Rivers wrote:
>
>> Hello Han, I'm responding to your PS{}.I've just downloaded
>> mswincontext.zip.
>> This program AVG Free Edition Program version: 7.0.338 virus base:
>> 267.9.7/60
>> Release date: 7/28/2005 3:15:00 PM
>> will not let you use a detected virus file(.)
>>
>> texmfstart.exe file-size 610,304 dated 7/30/2005 DETECTED
>> texmfstart.exe file-size 610,304 dated 7/27/2005 DETECTED
>> I had to replace the above with:
>> texmfstart.exe file-size 584,000 dated 12/20/2004
>> So is this program the bomb or what.
>

> It could be infected if Hans' machine is, because some local dlls
> are included in the compiled version by the rubyscript to exe
> compiler. Perhaps he should download AVG to check his local system?

i've tested with the latest mcafee and it's ok; i've installed avg in a virtual machine (not in the mood to slow down my main machine) and avl reports a virus when scanning the zipped file but not on the unzipped stuff so my guess is that there is some strange interaction between the windows unzip functionality and avg checking; if i copy files as-is to the virtual machine i see no problem; [in th eend each pattern will be a virus i guess]

texmfstart.exe is just ruby binaries+scripts+somelibs

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Scite spelling support
       [not found]         ` <42EF397B.1010309@wxs.nl>
@ 2005-08-03 10:11           ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-08-03 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I donwloaded the big Mscontext.zip. After installing and generating the
formats placing the spell-*.txt files (which are not included in the big
zip), including the import scite-ctx in the user file and setting the
environmnet variable I tried to get the spell-checking options working.

When starting Scite from the commandline with
	cscite c:\usr\local\context
now messages turn up in the right pane of Scite.
Pressing shift+F11 results in a small dropdown box, offering the options
  "Auto Wrap" "Margin Wrap" and "Discard Wrap" and under the line
"Process Text" -- Activating Process Text does not cause any action.
The tools menu does not show any spellchecking options.
Still I see that the properties of context, default and scite-ctx are
loaded in the list of the options menu.
Might there be a stack problem? I coud immagine this, because I had to
comment several of the import statements in the global.properties file
before Scite would import context.properties and default.properties
which reside at the end of the list.

Willi

@ 2005-08-03 10:12           ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-08-03 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> As in my other post is mentioned now there is an error while scite
>> attempts to load lua.
>

> Also in the big zipped version ?
>
>> I downloaded the mswintex.zip of 30-07-05. After installing I see no
>> major problems with different testfiles. Of course the "lua loading
>> error" remains.
>> Further I detected: that there must have been changes in the Antykwa
>> Torunska environment:

>>     texnansi-antt
>>     fonts           : using map file: rm-antt
>>     fonts           : using map file: mi-antt
>>     fonts           : using map file: sy-antt
>>     fonts           : using map file: ex-antt
>>
>> {c:\NEWCON~1\tex\texmf-fonts/fonts/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-urw-zapfchan
>>
>> .map}{c:\NEWCON~1\tex\texmf-fonts/fonts/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-public-antp
>>
>> .map}{c:\NEWCON~1\tex\texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-antt.map}
>>     Warning: pdfetex.exe (file rm-antt.map): cannot open font map file
>>
>>     Warning: pdfetex.exe (file mi-antt.map): cannot open font map file
>>
>>     Warning: pdfetex.exe (file sy-antt.map): cannot open font map file
>>
>> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file ex-antt.map): cannot open font map file
>

> fixed (i hope); i also added iwona and kurier and removed plr/csr/vnr
> since we have mlr (oeps, i need to remove aer too)
> Hans

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-08-03 12:05             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-03 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger wrote:

> Pressing shift+F11 results in a small dropdown box, offering the options
>  "Auto Wrap" "Margin Wrap" and "Discard Wrap" and under the line
> "Process Text" -- Activating Process Text does not cause any action.
> The tools menu does not show any spellchecking options.

how about the 'check' option

also, you need to tell what language you use (top of file % language=nl)

> Still I see that the properties of context, default and scite-ctx are
> loaded in the list of the options menu.

>>> {c:\NEWCON~1\tex\texmf-fonts/fonts/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-urw-zapfchan
>>>
>>> .map}{c:\NEWCON~1\tex\texmf-fonts/fonts/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-public-antp
>>>
>>> .map}{c:\NEWCON~1\tex\texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-antt.map}
>>>     Warning: pdfetex.exe (file rm-antt.map): cannot open font map file
>>>
>>>     Warning: pdfetex.exe (file mi-antt.map): cannot open font map file
>>>
>>>     Warning: pdfetex.exe (file sy-antt.map): cannot open font map file
>>>
>>> Warning: pdfetex.exe (file ex-antt.map): cannot open font map file

i added these

>> fixed (i hope); i also added iwona and kurier and removed plr/csr/vnr
>> since we have mlr (oeps, i need to remove aer too) Hans

there is a problem with kurier, seems that the font files were renamed
so there is a map file mismatch

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Scite spelling support
@ 2005-08-03 12:26               ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-08-03 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Willi Egger wrote:
>
>> Pressing shift+F11 results in a small dropdown box, offering the options
>>  "Auto Wrap" "Margin Wrap" and "Discard Wrap" and under the line
>> "Process Text" -- Activating Process Text does not cause any action.
>> The tools menu does not show any spellchecking options.
>

> how about the 'check' option

Hm, unfortunatley there is no 'check' option neither in the dropdown nor
in the tools menu. As already said, I miss all the menue of
spellchecking in the toosl menu.

> also, you need to tell what language you use (top of file % language=nl)
>
>> Still I see that the properties of context, default and scite-ctx are
>> loaded in the list of the options menu.

> i added these

This part works fine with the mswin context-installation. Thanks!

>>> fixed (i hope); i also added iwona and kurier and removed plr/csr/vnr
>>> since we have mlr (oeps, i need to remove aer too) Hans
>>

> there is a problem with kurier, seems that the font files were renamed
> so there is a map file mismatch

I did not yet try the new fonts ...

Willi