* \placecontent problems
@ 2005-07-23 18:04 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-07-23 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang:

I have a \placecontent-type problem. I want to collect all the subsections and
 subsubsections into a list, then place that list into an appendix
(conversion=Characters):

\definecombinedlist[synopsis][subsection,subsubsection][textstyle=\tf]
\setupcombinedlist [synopsis][alternative=c,textstyle=\tf]

There are two problems:

1. If I place the content list within a chapter, the list disappears. It works
if I place it before the chapter heading. Thus, I need a way to do
\placesynopsis beneath a chapter heading;

2. \start-\stopappendices begins a new sectionblock, therefore  \placesynopsis
does nothing, even if I do not place it within a chapter/appendix.

Thus (assuming we can solve problem 1) I need a way to change the conversion
to Characters on the fly within the bodymatter sectionblock. I need, e.g.

1. A Chapter
2. Another Chapter
A. An Appendix

within the same sectionblock.

Is this possible? I notice that conversion=Characters appears to be defined
for the global sectionblock, but not for local headings. It would be nice if I
could do something like

\definehead[appendix][chapter]
\setuphead[appendix][conversion=Characters]

with the first instance of \appendix starting with `A' (i.e., decoupled from
the chapter numbers).

See the attached file for some experiments.

Best
Idris
\setupoutput[pdftex]%

\definecombinedlist[summary][chapter][textstyle=\tf]
\setupcombinedlist [summary][alternative=c,textstyle=\tf]

\definecombinedlist[synopsis][subsection,subsubsection][textstyle=\tf]
\setupcombinedlist [synopsis][alternative=c,textstyle=\tf]

\starttext

\startbodymatter
\placesummary
\page
\placesynopsis

\chapter{This is a test.}

\subsection{This is a subtest.}

\subsubsection{This is a subsubtest.}

\chapter{This is another test.}

\subsection{This is another subtest.}

\subsubsection{This is another subsubtest.}

\chapter{Synopsis}
\placesynopsis
\stopbodymatter

\startappendices
\placesynopsis

\chapter{Synopsis}
\placesynopsis
\stopappendices

\stoptext

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* RE: \placecontent problems
@ 2005-07-25 21:48 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-07-25 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

>===== Original Message From Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> =====
>by default the list
>commands give a local list, so in your appendix you need:
>
>\placesynopsis[criterium=text] % or all

\startbuffer[synopsis]
  \appendix{Synopsis of Principles}
  \placesynopsis[criterium=text]
\stopbuffer

\startappendices
   \getbuffer[synopsis]
\stopappendices

As always a lifesaver: THNX!!!

Best
Idris

============================

@ 2005-07-25 19:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-25 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

>1. If I place the content list within a chapter, the list disappears. It works
>if I place it before the chapter heading. Thus, I need a way to do
>\placesynopsis beneath a chapter heading;

\chapter{...}
\placesynopsis
\section{...}

will give a toc of the chapter

\chapter{...}
\section{...}
\placesynopsis[criterium=previous] % or chapter

should give alist at the chapter level as well; by default the list
commands give a local list, so in your appendix you need:

\placesynopsis[criterium=text] % or all

registerds default in teh opposite way, always global, but again you can
ask for a register per whatever .

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* \placecontent problems
@ 2005-07-25 16:12 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-07-25 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Dear syndicate: I sent this Saturday with no response yet. Sorry 4 being a
pest, but I've got to get this (much-delayed) book to the publisher this week;
hope someone can help...:-)]

Dear gang:

I have a \placecontent-type problem. I want to collect all the subsections and
subsubsections of the main bodymatter of a book into a list, then place that