From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: uppercasing accented characters, mappings and \WORD
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:52:39 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

If I use the latin2 encoding (il2), \WORD works OK if I simply type
accented characters. Under UTF-8, uppercasing \zcaron also works OK, but
fails if I simply type 'ž'. I saw the \definemapping[il2] and I can
write a mapping for windows-1250 regime as well, but how exactly is this
done for unicode, where the character codes exceed 255?

Could perhaps alternatively \WORD, \defineactivetoken or any other part
of code be extended, so that \WORD would be happy with the typed
accented characters as well? \Zcaron is already defined somewhere to be
the uppercased \zcaron, so defining the same for every single
regime/encoding manually seems redundant and error-prone.

Thank you,
	Mojca

(I don't have any editor to support latin2 under windows (except
Mozilla), even for unicode vim and Windows are fighting against each
other, so windows-1250 is the only reasonable thing that I can use
comfortably.)