* \starttabulate vertical spacing
@ 2005-08-11 15:34 Christoph Czarnetzki
From: Christoph Czarnetzki @ 2005-08-11 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

i want to put some space between lines in a tabulate environment.

\starttext
\starttabulate[|l|p(1cm)|]
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR\HL
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \crlf\NC\NR
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC
\stoptabulate
\stoptext

i did it with \crlf, but this is too much for me. \godown doesnt work
either. Half of a line in space would be great. I tried that with
starttable too, but the \HL command in tabulate works better. The text
is aligned directly under the ends of the line. So i use tabulate. And
the other problem is, crlf only works if tab is set to |p|.

thanks!
Christoph

* Re: \starttabulate vertical spacing
@ 2005-08-11 15:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-11 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Czarnetzki wrote:

> Hello!
>
> i want to put some space between lines in a tabulate environment.
>
> \starttext
> \starttabulate[|l|p(1cm)|]
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR\HL
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \crlf\NC\NR
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC
> \stoptabulate
> \stoptext
>

> i did it with \crlf, but this is too much for me. \godown doesnt work
> either. Half of a line in space would be great. I tried that with
> starttable too, but the \HL command in tabulate works better. The text
> is aligned directly under the ends of the line. So i use tabulate. And
> the other problem is, crlf only works if tab is set to |p|.

starttext
\starttabulate[|l|p(1cm)|]
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR\HL
\TB
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \crlf\NC\NR
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC
\stoptabulate
\stoptext

(table blank)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-08-11 16:59   ` Christoph Czarnetzki
From: Christoph Czarnetzki @ 2005-08-11 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

it's better, but not the space value i want. To see the difference:

\starttext
\starttabulate[|l|p|]
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR\HL
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR
\TB
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR
\stoptabulate
\godown[3cm]
\starttable[|l|p|]
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\FR\HL
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\SR
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\SR
\NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC
\stoptable
\stoptext

The best look gives \SR or \MR, but as you see, the table doesn't start
at left side, and the rule isn't aligned to the text and is too short.
:-( Maybe there is an \TB/2? Or redefine the \TB command?

thanks for help,
christoph

@ 2005-08-11 18:25     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-11 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christoph Czarnetzki wrote:

> Hello Hans,
>
> it's better, but not the space value i want. To see the difference:
>
> \starttext
> \starttabulate[|l|p|]
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR\HL
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR
> \TB
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
> \godown[3cm]
> \starttable[|l|p|]
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\FR\HL
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\SR
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC\SR
> \NC Some Text \NC Other Text \NC
> \stoptable
> \stoptext
>
> The best look gives \SR or \MR, but as you see, the table doesn't
> start at left side, and the rule isn't aligned to the text and is too
> short. :-( Maybe there is an \TB/2? Or redefine the \TB command?

well, it's called blank for a reason -)

\TB[5*big]

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE