* alpha version
@ 2005-08-08 20:17 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-08 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

For those interested in sorting registers ...

... the alpha release has sort-* files in it.

For the moment you need to load:

  \readfile{sort-ini}{}{}

After that

mainlanguage[sl]

\starttext
    test \index {aa1}  test \index {ab1}         test \index {aa2}
    test \index {ab2}  test \index {aa10}        test \index {aa8}
    test \index {aa9}  test \index {aa11}        test \index {aa10}
    test \index {cccc} test \index {\ccaron ccc} test \index {\cacute ccc}
    test \index {caaa} test \index {\ccaron aaa} test \index {\cacute aaa}
    \placeindex
\stoptext

will adapt itself to the language. Sort orders are defined in sort-lan.tex.

You need to run 'newtexexec' (ruby reimplementation of texexec), which uses the texutil module/class instead of the program (faster).

The reimplementation of texutil permits user plugins and such (more about that later).

I need more info on sort order about for instance czech and german and ...

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: alpha version
@ 2005-08-09 21:29 ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-08-09 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For those interested in sorting registers ...

OK, I am very interesting. Now I set aside some time to help with Cz part.

> ... the alpha release has sort-* files in it.

I looked at it. Seems that basic sorting rules can be set by macro, more
difficult by Rubu module, right? Let start with macro.

I derrived test file from your example. The only difference is that I
replace \ccaron by č in IL2 and put \enableregime[IL2] to very
beginning. Seems such char is not recognized by sorting rules. What is
wrong?

I see there are 4 macros. I guess their meaning:

\exportsortrule {zacron}{z+1} ... replaces two lines:
   \exportsortexpansion {ccaron}  {cz} ... char to string replacement
   \exportsortdivision  {cz}  {ccaron} ... reverse

\exportsortreduction{ch}{c} ... second pass replacement ???
   if I want 'ch' be sorted between 'h' and 'i' so I do
   \exportsortreduction{ch}{h+1} ??

vit

> For the moment you need to load:
>
>  \readfile{sort-ini}{}{}
>
> After that
>
> mainlanguage[sl]
>
> \starttext
>    test \index {aa1}  test \index {ab1}         test \index {aa2}
>    test \index {ab2}  test \index {aa10}        test \index {aa8}
>    test \index {aa9}  test \index {aa11}        test \index {aa10}
>    test \index {cccc} test \index {\ccaron ccc} test \index {\cacute ccc}
>    test \index {caaa} test \index {\ccaron aaa} test \index {\cacute aaa}
>    \placeindex
> \stoptext
>
> will adapt itself to the language. Sort orders are defined in sort-lan.tex.
> You need to run 'newtexexec' (ruby reimplementation of texexec), which
> uses the texutil module/class instead of the program (faster).
> The reimplementation of texutil permits user plugins and such (more
> about that later).
>
> I need more info on sort order about for instance czech and german and ...
> Hans

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com

* Re: alpha version
@ 2005-08-12  8:24   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-08-12  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I just add the test code for sorting. It demonstrates different
behaviour for
a) \ccaron
b) \v c
c) č
I expected both b) and c) cases expand to \ccaron under il2 regime.
Or there is some miss in my configuration?

vit

* Re: alpha version; sorting
@ 2005-08-16 13:30     ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-08-16 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am going back
to sorting thread...

(http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20050812.082425.f0643027.html)

Do you think, Hans, that sorting will work even if
\enableregime[some-regime]?

It seems that until now if some input char expands to e.g. ccaron,
sorting rules crashes.

Zipped minimal example is also attached.

vit

------------------------------------
\mainlanguage[cz]
\enableregime[il2]

\readfile{sort-ini}{}{}

\startmode[sortorder-cz]
     \exportsortrule {ccaron}  {c+1}
\stopmode

\starttext
Sorting:
\index{ča}
\index{\v cb}
\index{\ccaron c}

\placeindex[n=3]
\stoptext
------------------------------------

Vit Zyka wrote:
> Hi, I just add the test code for sorting. It demonstrates different
> behaviour for
> a) \ccaron
> b) \v c
> c) č
> I expected both b) and c) cases expand to \ccaron under il2 regime.
> Or there is some miss in my configuration?
>
> vit
>
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>
>> Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For those interested in sorting registers ...
>>

>> OK, I am very interesting. Now I set aside some time to help with Cz
>> part.
>>
>>> ... the alpha release has sort-* files in it.
>>

>> I looked at it. Seems that basic sorting rules can be set by macro,
>> more difficult by Rubu module, right? Let start with macro.
>>
>> I derrived test file from your example. The only difference is that I
>> replace \ccaron by č in IL2 and put \enableregime[IL2] to very
>> beginning. Seems such char is not recognized by sorting rules. What is
>> wrong?
>>
>> I see there are 4 macros. I guess their meaning:
>>
>> \exportsortrule {zacron}{z+1} ... replaces two lines:
>>   \exportsortexpansion {ccaron}  {cz} ... char to string replacement
>>   \exportsortdivision  {cz}  {ccaron} ... reverse
>>
>> \exportsortreduction{ch}{c} ... second pass replacement ???
>>   if I want 'ch' be sorted between 'h' and 'i' so I do
>>   \exportsortreduction{ch}{h+1} ??
>>
>> vit
>>
>>> For the moment you need to load:
>>>
>>>  \readfile{sort-ini}{}{}
>>>
>>> After that
>>>
>>> mainlanguage[sl]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>    test \index {aa1}  test \index {ab1}         test \index {aa2}
>>>    test \index {ab2}  test \index {aa10}        test \index {aa8}
>>>    test \index {aa9}  test \index {aa11}        test \index {aa10}
>>>    test \index {cccc} test \index {\ccaron ccc} test \index {\cacute
>>> ccc}
>>>    test \index {caaa} test \index {\ccaron aaa} test \index {\cacute
>>> aaa}
>>>    \placeindex
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> will adapt itself to the language. Sort orders are defined in
>>> sort-lan.tex.
>>> You need to run 'newtexexec' (ruby reimplementation of texexec),
>>> which uses the texutil module/class instead of the program (faster).
>>> The reimplementation of texutil permits user plugins and such (more
>>> about that later).
>>>
>>> I need more info on sort order about for instance czech and german
>>> and ... Hans

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com

[-- Attachment #2: sort-min.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 332 bytes --]

* Re: Re: alpha version; sorting
@ 2005-08-16 15:21       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-16 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am going back
> to sorting thread...
>
> (http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20050812.082425.f0643027.html)
>
> Do you think, Hans, that sorting will work even if
> \enableregime[some-regime]?
>
> It seems that until now if some input char expands to e.g. ccaron,
> sorting rules crashes.
>
> Zipped minimal example is also attached.

the rules go into sort-lan.tex !

\startmode[sortorder-cz]
    \exportsortrule {ccaron}  {c+1}
    \exportsortreduction{ch}{c}
\stopmode

you also need more defs in sort-def; files attached

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

[-- Attachment #2: sort.zip --]
[-- Type: application/x-zip-compressed, Size: 6506 bytes --]

* Re: Re: alpha version; sorting
@ 2005-08-17  8:58         ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-08-17  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am going back
>> to sorting thread...
>>
>> (http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20050812.082425.f0643027.html)
>>
>> Do you think, Hans, that sorting will work even if
>> \enableregime[some-regime]?
>>
>> It seems that until now if some input char expands to e.g. ccaron,
>> sorting rules crashes.
>>
>> Zipped minimal example is also attached.
>>

> the rules go into sort-lan.tex !
>
> \startmode[sortorder-cz]
>    \exportsortrule {ccaron}  {c+1}
>    \exportsortreduction{ch}{c}
> \stopmode
>
> you also need more defs in sort-def; files attached

Thank you for actualized sort-*.tex files. Unfortunatelly it is not
clear from your example how to write the rules for direct accent letters
like "č". Never mind I have tried

   \exportsortshortcut{č} {\ccaron}

and it works; well that is step ahead. But, this description is encoding
dependent. Is it intended or there is another secret trick to go around
or the rule should be written for each encoding?

vit

* alpha version
@ 2004-09-09 12:49 ` Martin Kolařík
From: Martin Kolařík @ 2004-09-09 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I have:

----
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
 (d:/TeX/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
-----

in Win32.

I made current alpha version efmt, it was OK, but after trying to typeset some text (I did not tested anyone else) pdfetex failed with general protection failure (a memory cannot be read).

The document is UTF8 XML, the failure occured (see >>HERE<<):

-----
specials       : fdf loaded
)
specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
encoding       : coding default
encoding       : coding il2

>>HERE<<

)
color          : system rgb is global activated
-----

I did not try yet to experiment with removing some code from the last included (my) file (inside context of this file the afilure occurred), maybe I will find more information.

Have a nice day,

Martin