* ec encoding and tcaron
@ 2005-08-13 16:44 Vit Zyka
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-08-13 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

let allowed me some pessimism. I am working on our
40-years-scout-group-bulletin intensively for more then a month. I have
to solve many many technical problems instead on focusing on the design.
The Bulletin is rather complex but many problems are 'simple'. I start
to doubt if ConTeXt (and that is why TeX generally) is good tool for
such typsetting. Detective debugging is good fun but if time is going,
no results, and the list of todo technical unwanted features is
increasing...

Only some of these 'bugs' I presented in this list. Even such number
would be looking as making only troubles. Never mind, here is another
problem I am puzzled by for 4 hours...

Please imagine a simple code in ISO-8859-2:
--------------------------------------
\enableregime[il2]
%\enableregime[latin2]

\usetypescript[modern][ec]
\setupbodyfont[10pt,rm]

\starttext
ťŤ          % \tcaron\Tcaron
\WORD{ťŤ}
\stoptext
---------------------------------------
It produces an error
   ! Undefined control sequence.
   <to be read again> ¢
It comes from the first letter inside \WORD{...}. The same letters
outside \WORD are typeset OK. So ť is not defined. But where it should
be defined? \tcacon def is OK. Other diacritics chars e.g. \dcaron,
\rcaron are OK.

I was looking to enco-ec, enco-il2, regi-lat. Upper/lower mapping and
char codes seems to be OK. But more I looking into I less understand it.
There is no regi-il2 file, so I expect that appropriate info goes from
enco-il2. But any other (perhaps more appropriate) combination like
   \enableregime[latin2]
   \usetypescript[modern][ec]
or
   \usetypescript[modern][il2]
gives totaly wrong glyphs.

I believe that ť uppecase bug also relates with ignoring making
pseudo-caps for this letter by
   texfont --fontroot=X: --en=ec --ve=public --co=lm --source=auto
--ca=0.8 lmbx10
So problem is somewhere in ec encoding.

Can somebody help please? Thanks and sorry for my embittering - it aims
to my own head.
vit