* RE: upgrading to latest ConTeXt
@ 2005-08-18 23:49 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-18 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another bug/feature:

Something has apparently changed in the way fonts/maps are loaded.

The following used to work, now does not

====================
% output=pdf interface=en

\usetypescriptfile[type-mpoow]
\usetypescript[MinionProOptow]
\setupbodyfont[minionprooptow,10pt]

\starttext

\dots

\stoptext
====================

The typescript file is my own, but the following line is relevant:

=====================
\definetypeface [minionprooptow]
[mm] [math] [euler] [default] [encoding=texnansi,rscale=0.89]
=====================

When I process this the log gives

=====================
Warning: pdfetex.exe (file eurm10): Font eurm10 at 64 not found
=====================

Second: why doesn't the ellipsis use the main text font? I guess that \dots is
obtained from the math font, but in running text this makes no sense.

Shouldn't ConTeXt define \dots with respect the text font? Or does it use
something other than \dots?

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: upgrading to latest ConTeXt
@ 2005-08-18 23:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-18 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

>texexec --make
>
>generates both pdfetex and aleph formats? Right now I still have to compile
>the aleph format separately.

in newtexexec it's possible to do that as well as add teh engine in the
banner of the tex file so that the right format is taken

(i have to document that)

>2. Also:
>
>Although the tex engine per se is no longer needed, we still need to be able
>to e.g.,
>
>aleph --ini *plain \dump
>
>right now some files (like manfnt) are missing from the distribution. It's
>very important to be able to compile aleph in plain fmt for testing purposes
>(it's how i found at least a couple of context-aleph bugs, for ex.).

hm, just make me a list of files then

i'll look into it when i'm back from the tug conference (china)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-08-18 22:16 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-18 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> =====
>>Is engine path working? Is there one command to generate both aleph and
>>pdfetex formats or do I have to do this separately?
>>

>should work automatically

1. Can I do something in e.g. texexec.ini so that

@ 2005-08-18 21:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-18 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

>I have a lot of private/generated stuff in texmf-local and texmf-fonts, much
>of it generated by texfont etc. Is it safe (after backup) to just drop the new
>C:/ConTeXt on top of the older one?

i think so

>Is engine path working? Is there one command to generate both aleph and
>pdfetex formats or do I have to do this separately?

should work automatically

>Any other upgrade tips are appreciated!

keep testing

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-08-18 18:28 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-18 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> =====
>>System complains that pdfetex.dll cannot be found. Sure enough, there is no
>>such dll in the distribution.

>just use the old pdfetex and pdfetex.pool (i'll fix the mswin zip files

One more question:

@ 2005-08-18 18:06 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-18 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-08-18 15:38 Idris Samawi Hamid