* bug in indentation
@ 2005-08-19  3:44 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-19  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear knights,

There is apparently something wrong with the indenting mechanism in the latest
context: I have to invoke indenting twice to cut it on (uncomment the second
\setupindenting):

============================
% output=pdf interface=en

\setupwhitespace[none]
\setupindenting[medium,next] % does not indent
%\setupindenting[medium,next] % need both to indent

\definestartstop
  [quote]
  [before={\startnarrower[1*middle]\blank[big]},
    after={\stopnarrower\blank[big]}]

\starttext

\input knuth

\startquote
\input knuth
\stopquote

\input knuth

\stoptext
============================

log verifying version

=============================
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2c 7.5.3) (format=cont-en
2005.8.18)  18 AUG 2005 21:47
entering extended mode
\write18 enabled.
 (c:\CONTEXT\tex\texmf-local/web2c/natural.tcx)
**&cont-en testblank.tex
(./testblank.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2005.08.15  fmt: 2005.8.18  int: english  mes: english
=============================

Similarly, if I want a local exception to the indentation I need something
like

\start\setupindenting[none]\setupindenting[none]

<paragraph>

\stop

Also, dropped capes does not work well when indentation is on, calling for the
local exception above.

Finally, \indenting and \noindenting don't work like they used to: bug or
feature?

I actually spent hours trying to debug a huge manuscript (with messed up now
fixed indentation) before finally realizing and isolating the problem.

Upgrading ConTeXt is always an adventure...

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: bug in indentation
@ 2005-08-19 12:46 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-08-19 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear knights,
>
> There is apparently something wrong with the indenting mechanism in the latest
> context: I have to invoke indenting twice to cut it on (uncomment the second
> \setupindenting):

I've verified this bug, but will probably have to wait until Hans is
back (i don't understand his changes to \setupindenting)

Taco