From: Vit Zyka <vit.zyka@seznam.cz>
Subject: Re: Re: Dense Encoding - Comments wanted
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:42:18 +0200	[thread overview]

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>

>>On Hans's suggestion, I've been working on a "dense" character encoding
>>that does away with combining accents and extraneous symbol-like
>>characters in favor of fully accented characters.
>

>><http://homepage.mac.com/atl/tex/dense.pdf>
>

> do you have an enc file to play with?
>

>>So with those goals in mind, does anyone notice their favorite *letter*
>>missing? Is there essential punctuation missing?

OK for Czech chars too.

Only tcaron char is not searchable (if in my AR7 search for any letter,
say 'a' I got all accented a variant; if for 't' 'ť' is not find), but I
do not know if the problem is in a) AR, b) CMAP, c) encoding (enco in
the font presented in the PDF has mostly tcaron but tquoteright is
presented too). But tt is not a big problem.

vit