* RE: font loading
@ 2005-08-19 17:14 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-19 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco

>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====
>Without the actual typefaces I can only guess, but have you tried
>
>   \loadmapfile[original-ams-euler]
>
>(or even  \loadmapfile[context-base])
>
>lines like that are in the newer cont-sys.rme file, but chances are
>that your local cont-sys.tex doesn't have them yet. In any case, you
>should check for major differences between your local config files
>and the distributed .ori ones

Ok, I have cont-sys.rme/tex/ori. Which one of these three governs the system?
In any case, both .ori and .tex have the same mapfiles loaded, including euler
etc.

Here is an example anyone can run: it gives similar pdfetex errors (Font
texnansi-lmbx12 at 60 not found) This file worked with the older ConTeXt:

================type-test.tex=================
%% font mapping
\starttypescript   [serif]    [test]           [texnansi]
\definefontsynonym [LMRSerif] [texnansi-lmbx12][encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

%% general names
\starttypescript   [serif]    [test]           [name]
\definefontsynonym [Serif]    [LMRSerif]
\stoptypescript

%% font sizes
\starttypescript   [serif]    [test]           [size]
\definebodyfont [4pt,5pt,6pt,7pt,8pt,9pt,10pt,11pt,12pt,14.4pt,17.3pt]
  [rm]
  [tf=Serif sa 1]
\stoptypescript

%% hanging
\starttypescript  [serif]     [hanging][test]

\setupfontsynonym [Serif]     [handling=normal]
\setupfontsynonym [SerifCapt] [handling=normal]

\stoptypescript

%% final typefaces
\starttypescript[LMRTest]

\definebodyfontenvironment
  [LMRTest]
  [default]
  [interlinespace=2.8ex]

\definetypeface [lmrtest]
[rm] [serif] [test] [test] [encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

test file:

================fonttest.tex==================
% output=pdf interface=en

\usetypescriptfile[type-test]
\usetypescript[LMRTest]
\setupbodyfont[lmrtest,10pt]

%  \loadmapfile[original-base.map]

\starttext

\dots ABCD

\stoptext

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: RE: font loading
@ 2005-08-19 18:02 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-08-19 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Ok, I have cont-sys.rme/tex/ori. Which one of these three governs the system?
> In any case, both .ori and .tex have the same mapfiles loaded, including euler
> etc.

The cont-sys.tex one is the one that's used.

> Here is an example anyone can run: it gives similar pdfetex errors (Font
> texnansi-lmbx12 at 60 not found) This file worked with the older ConTeXt:

It gave me errors until i added:

   \loadmapfile[texnansi-public-lm]

then it ran perfectly. The main point behind all of this is that
there are no longer any "preloaded" map files. It could be that
the problem is that \autoloadmapfiletrue doesnt work any longer?

Taco

* Re: RE: font loading
@ 2005-08-21 17:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-21 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Taco Hoekwater

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

>Ok, I have cont-sys.rme/tex/ori. Which one of these three governs the system?
>In any case, both .ori and .tex have the same mapfiles loaded, including euler
>etc.

keep the rme file, rename the others and see what happens

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: RE: font loading
@ 2005-08-21 17:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-08-21 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>

>> Is there a general workaround or do we have to await Hans's return
>> (in which case I may have to go back to my old context from spring :-<)
>

> Assuming \loadmapfile[context-base] doesn't work either, you'll
> have to  wait for Hans I'm afraid (unless someone else has an idea?)

map file loading works here, but it may be needed to compare the cont-sys.tex file and cont-sys.rme

(some changes some time ago due to lm etc)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: RE: font loading
@ 2005-08-20 17:18   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-08-20 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2005-08-20 um 08:42 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
> Assuming \loadmapfile[context-base] doesn't work either, you'll
> have to  wait for Hans I'm afraid (unless someone else has an idea?)

I'm used to load every needed map file "manually" since a long time,
otherwise none of my fonts work. But for I use mostly the same
environment files, it's not really a big effort.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net

* Re: RE: font loading
@ 2005-08-20  6:42 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-08-20  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Is there a general workaround or do we have to await Hans's return (in which
> case I may have to go back to my old context from spring :-<)

Assuming \loadmapfile[context-base] doesn't work either, you'll
have to  wait for Hans I'm afraid (unless someone else has an idea?)

Good luck,
Taco

* RE: RE: font loading
@ 2005-08-19 18:24 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-19 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====
>Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>> Here is an example anyone can run: it gives similar pdfetex errors (Font
>> texnansi-lmbx12 at 60 not found) This file worked with the older ConTeXt:
>
>It gave me errors until i added:
>
>   \loadmapfile[texnansi-public-lm]
>
>then it ran perfectly. The main point behind all of this is that
>there are no longer any "preloaded" map files. It could be that
>the problem is that \autoloadmapfiletrue doesnt work any longer?

Is there a general workaround or do we have to await Hans's return (in which
case I may have to go back to my old context from spring :-<)

Thanks for your help Taco!

Best
Idris