* FWD: RE: dvipdfmx bug
@ 2005-08-20 15:31 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-20 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

I sent a bug report to ChoF, but the bug was actually in ConTeXt so I forward
ChoF's answer, in case anyone else needs it.

Thanks again, ChoF!

Best to all
Idris

On Aug 20, 2005, at 12:03 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> I'm presently editing the latest issue of my academic journal,
> which depends
> on the aleph-dvipdfmx cycle (used for the last three issues).
> Unfortunately,
> the latest dvipdfmx (from the latest ConTeXt distribution) freezes
> on figures.
> Enclosed is a sample file, the figure (eps), and the dvi file.

It's the problem of spec-dpx.tex in the ConTeXt distribution.

One solution might be change the file as follows:

1. Comment out the line 119 as follows:

%\definefileinsertion{dpx}{eps}{\handlepdfimage} % unstable

2. After the line 119 put the following codes.

\def\handleepsimage#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9%
   {\PointsToWholeBigPoints{#7}\width
    \PointsToWholeBigPoints{#8}\height
    \special
      {PSfile="#1"\space
       llx=\EPSllx\space lly=\EPSlly\space
       urx=\EPSurx\space ury=\EPSury\space
       rwi=\width0\space rhi=\height0}}

\definefileinsertion{dpx}{eps}{\handleepsimage}

Another solution is to update spec-dpx.tex and DVIPDFMx if you can
compile
it by yourself.

1. Download http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/snapshot/current/
dvipdfmx-20050815.tar.gz

2. You can download the updated spec-dpx.tex at

http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/contrib/context/spec-dpx.tex

3. Compile dvipdfmx-20050815. Note that the updated spec-dpx.tex works
    with DVIPDFMx version 20050815 or later.

Best, ChoF.

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University