* changing from oldstyle to upright
@ 2005-08-19 23:09 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-19 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear consortium,

Switching to oldstyle is easy:

\usetypescript [modern][\defaultencoding]
\usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern-os] [\defaultencoding]
\setupbodyfont [modern]

But how do I locally switch back to upright? Declaring

\usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern]    [\defaultencoding]

does nothing. Basically I want to have something like

\def\UP{\switchtobodyfont[lmrup]}

for local effects. I tried

\definetypeface [lmrup] [rm] [serif] [latin-modern] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]

to no avail as well. Test file attached

Thnx in advance!
Idris

=========================test-os============================
% output=pdf interface=en

 \usetypescript [modern][\defaultencoding]
 \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern-os] [\defaultencoding]
 \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern]    [\defaultencoding]
 \setupbodyfont [modern]

%\definetypeface   [lmros] [rm] [serif] [latin-modern-os] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
%\switchtotypeface [lmros] [12pt,rm]

%\definetypeface [lmrup] [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default]
[encoding=\defaultencoding]

\starttext

1234

 \usetypescript [modern][\defaultencoding]
 \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern]    [\defaultencoding]

1234

\stoptext

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* RE: changing from oldstyle to upright
@ 2005-08-20 15:29 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-20 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====
>> Switching to oldstyle is easy:

>> But how do I locally switch back to upright? Declaring
>
>I don't think you can, actually. There are no metric files
>for oldstyle in the latin modern distribution, only an encoding
>vector (and .map).

So once a map/encoding is defined for a given font/tfm set it cannot be
changed by declaring another map; interesting.

>The reverse of the old oldstyle trick should work though:
>
>   \def\liningfigures#1{\mathematics{#1}}

Yes! I should have thought of that!

As always, thnx a million!

Best