* RE: dvipdfmx bug
@ 2005-08-20 15:42 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-20 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, ChoF, for your quick reply. I do not know how to compile dvipdfmx
so I will try your changes to spec-dpx.tex.

Maybe Fabrice can compile the latest dvipdfmx for windows?

Question: how do I determine the version number of my dvipdfmx? My present one
came from the context distribution of 16-08-05?

All the best
Idris

>===== Original Message From Jin-Hwan Cho <chofchof@ktug.or.kr> =====
>On Aug 20, 2005, at 12:03 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>
>> I'm presently editing the latest issue of my academic journal,
>> which depends
>> on the aleph-dvipdfmx cycle (used for the last three issues).
>> Unfortunately,
>> the latest dvipdfmx (from the latest ConTeXt distribution) freezes
>> on figures.
>> Enclosed is a sample file, the figure (eps), and the dvi file.
>
>It's the problem of spec-dpx.tex in the ConTeXt distribution.
>
>One solution might be change the file as follows:
>
>1. Comment out the line 119 as follows:
>
>%\definefileinsertion{dpx}{eps}{\handlepdfimage} % unstable
>
>2. After the line 119 put the following codes.
>
>\def\handleepsimage#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9%
>   {\PointsToWholeBigPoints{#7}\width
>    \PointsToWholeBigPoints{#8}\height
>    \special
>      {PSfile="#1"\space
>       llx=\EPSllx\space lly=\EPSlly\space
>       urx=\EPSurx\space ury=\EPSury\space
>       rwi=\width0\space rhi=\height0}}
>
>\definefileinsertion{dpx}{eps}{\handleepsimage}
>
>Another solution is to update spec-dpx.tex and DVIPDFMx if you can
>compile
>it by yourself.
>
>1. Download http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/snapshot/current/
>dvipdfmx-20050815.tar.gz
>
>2. You can download the updated spec-dpx.tex at
>
>http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/contrib/context/spec-dpx.tex
>
>3. Compile dvipdfmx-20050815. Note that the updated spec-dpx.tex works
>    with DVIPDFMx version 20050815 or later.
>
>Best, ChoF.

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* RE: dvipdfmx bug
@ 2005-08-20 16:30 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-20 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi ChoF,

>===== Original Message From Jin-Hwan Cho <chofchof@ktug.or.kr> =====
>One solution might be change the file as follows:
>
>1. Comment out the line 119 as follows:
>
>%\definefileinsertion{dpx}{eps}{\handlepdfimage} % unstable
>
>2. After the line 119 put the following codes.
>
>\def\handleepsimage#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9%
>   {\PointsToWholeBigPoints{#7}\width
>    \PointsToWholeBigPoints{#8}\height
>    \special
>      {PSfile="#1"\space
>       llx=\EPSllx\space lly=\EPSlly\space
>       urx=\EPSurx\space ury=\EPSury\space
>       rwi=\width0\space rhi=\height0}}
>
>\definefileinsertion{dpx}{eps}{\handleepsimage}

I did this, regenerated the formats, but it still does not work. My dvipdfmx
comes from mswincontext 16-08-05, but checking the properties of the dvipdfmx
executable indicates that it was created on 08-03-05. Maybe it's too old.

Anyway, hopefully someone can help with an up-to-date executable!

Best
Idris

@ 2005-08-20 15:47 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-08-20 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Jin-Hwan Cho, Shunsaku Hirata

Dear Knights of the TeX Table,

If there is anyone out there who can compile the latest dvipdfmx for windows
and post it/send it to me I would be very grateful!

Best
Idris