* Re:  how to use Times Roman font
@ 2005-07-20 10:51 Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2005-07-20 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2005-03-20 and 2005-03-21 there was a thread on this list about using
the Times Roman font under the CONTEXT distribution for Windows.

I'm running into similar problems (also with the Bookman and Lucida
bright fonts) and I am curious whether the problem was solved and how.

Sytse Knypstra

* Re: how to use Times Roman font
@ 2005-07-20 12:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-07-20 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sytse Knypstra wrote:

> On 2005-03-20 and 2005-03-21 there was a thread on this list about
> using the Times Roman font under the CONTEXT distribution for Windows.
>
> I'm running into similar problems (also with the Bookman and Lucida
> bright fonts) and I am curious whether the problem was solved and how.

probably a map file problem (make sure that your local cont-sys.tex file is up-to-date i.e. compare it to cont-sys.rme)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* How to use Lucida bright font after installing mswintex
@ 2005-08-24  8:52   ` Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2005-08-24  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXt users,

Last Friday I installed the minimal ConTeXt under Windows XP and tried
also to make the lucida bright font available. I carried out the
following recipe:

1. Download the latest mswintex.zip from Pragma
2. Unzip into C:\  (all files and directories are now under C:\tex)
3. Start a CMD shell and run the commands:
    > cd c:\tex
    > setuptex.bat
    > mktexlsr
    > texexec --make --alone nl en metafun
4. Copy all 139 lucida related .afm and .pfb files to c:\temp
5. From this directory run:
    > texfont --fontroot=c:/tex/texmf-local --ve=yandy --co=lbr --ma --in
6. Add \loadmapfile[context-base] to cont-sys.tex

In TeXnicCenter I edited test files and ran the command
    c:\tex\setuptex.bat & texexec
with the arguments
    --bat --nonstop --pdf --color "%bm"

All went well and a test file using e.g. the bookman font produced the
desired result. But trying to use the lucida bright font gave the error:
  ! Font \*lucida6ptmmmi*:=lbmo at 6.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
not foud.
The error occurred after the following three lines:
    \loadmapfile[texnansi-yandy-lbr.map]
    \gebruiktypescript[lucida][texnansi]
    \switchtotypeface[lucida][11pt]

Any help is highly appreciated.

Sytse Knypstra

* Re: How to use Lucida bright font after installing mswintex
@ 2005-08-24 12:29     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-08-24 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hai Sytse,

It looks like your new installation is conflicting with the old
(pre-texfont / pre-typescripts) support for Lucida Bright.

type-buy.tex in the ConTeXt distribution already contains a
typescript named "lucida", and that typescript maps straight
to "lbmo.tfm", but TeXfont probably created "texnansi-lbmo.tfm"
and a new typescript called "lbr" that uses those metrics.

So I guess you should try

   \usetypescript[lbr][texnansi]
   \switchtobodyfont[lbr,11pt]

instead of

>    \gebruiktypescript[lucida][texnansi]
>    \switchtotypeface[lucida][11pt]

and see where that leads you.

Succes, Taco

* Re: How to use Lucida bright font after installing mswintex
@ 2005-08-25  7:23       ` Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2005-08-25  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Taco, now it works ok.

Sytse