From: "luigi.scarso" <luigi.scarso@logosrl.it>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: ConTEXt Newbie: Column/table background color - which table model/command?]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:23:23 +0200	[thread overview]

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Forwarding this from c.t.t. It looks like perhaps the OP's code
> is correct and something in ConTeXt is wrong (at least I cannot
> find anything wrong with the example code, even with
> \setupcolors[state=start], I get no background color).
> Perhaps somebody who has actually used table backgrounds can
> help?

I hope this can help;
see chapter "Color and background" in cont-eni.pdf

%------------------
\setupcolors[state=start] %% useful: default=stop
\setupbackground[state=start] %% useless: default=start
\starttext
\placetable
{Just a table.}
%% from cont-eni.pdf  :``The command \background expects
%% an argument. Because a table is `grouped' it will generate
%% by itself and no extra braces are necessary.``
\background
\starttable[|c|c|c|]
\HL
\VL red    \VL green    \VL blue    \VL \AR
\VL cyan \VL magenta \VL yellow \VL \AR
\HL
\stoptable
\stoptext