* Using newly defined sections
@ 2005-09-02 17:36 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2005-09-02 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm a ConTeXt newbie. I've read the read the chapter of the manual on
sectioning. I understand that it is possible to create a new type of
section using \definesection and setup section but how do I insert an
instance of my new section into my documents? With predefined sections
I can use commands such as \section, \chapter, etc..

The reason I want to define and use a new section is so that I may use
it as a substitute for LaTeX's \author. I'm publishing an academic
journal for which I need to be able to include author's' names in the
header and in the TOC. Defining a new section seemed to be the obvious
solution, but I don't know how to put it into practice. If create a
new section how do I put it to use in my documents?

Any suggestions?

Elliot

* Re: Using newly defined sections
@ 2005-09-04  8:56 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-04  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elliot Clifton wrote:

> Any suggestions?

Brooks created a page on the Wiki, for you I think:

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Document_Titles

Greetings, taco

* Re: Using newly defined sections
@ 2005-09-09 17:55 ` Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2005-09-09 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elliot Clifton wrote:
> sectioning. I understand that it is possible to create a new type of
> section using \definesection and setup section but how do I insert an
> instance of my new section into my documents? With predefined sections
> I can use commands such as \section, \chapter, etc..

 You do exactly the same thing with your new section types:

\definesection[Abschnitt][section]

\Abschnitt{whatever the title is supposed to be}

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles contains some examples; also see
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20030115.202301.b3898ec2.en.html
and note that you can define a command for both the actual title and the
toc entry formatting, so you can get the authors' names to there, too.

Christopher