From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: different border thicknesses in natural tables
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:00:08 +0200	[thread overview]

(Subject was: How this LaTeX code could be translated into ConTeXt?)

Vit Zyka wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> If text in a cell is very long, it will be splitted in more lines
>> automatically, so that the table of width \textwidth will be produced.
>> \bTABLE ... \eTABLE is already very clever, however, I don't know if
>> you can do something similar as in the LaTeX example you provided, so
>> that the overall table width is fixed to exactly 16 cm (also for a
>

> \bTABLE[option=stretch,textwidth=16cm]
> \eTABLE

Thank you, Vit! I'm glad that the example on the wiki was wrong about
that (there was a "not possible" mark) :)

And here another question. I think it has already been asked a couple of
times, but perhaps not in this context: I would like the first row (or
column or the whole table) to have a thicker border, like in this example:

*===*===*===*
H   |   |   H
*===*===*===*
H   |   |   H
*---*---*---*
H   |   |   H
*===*===*===*

(H,=: thick; |,-: thin)

There is a dirty solution for it: prepare 16 different border types with
Metafun (every possible combination of thin and thick border lines) and
set the proper one for every single cell touching at least one thick border.

A dash could be used to define an additional frame spanning over more
than one row or column:

\setupTABLE
    [1-3] % not equal to [1,2,3]; 1-3 handled as a single frame
    [1,2-3] % in this case almost equivalent to [1,1-3]
    [rulethickness=2pt]

or as in this example:

*---*---*---*
|   |   |   |
*===*===*===*
|   |   |   |
*---*---*---*
|   |   |   |
*---*---*---*

\setupTABLE
    [1-3]
    [1] % or [1-1]
    [frame=off,bottomframe=on,rulethickness=2pt]

(Special care should be taken where nx= or ny= is used and crosses the
border.)

Does there already exist any similar functionality?

What about commands like:
     [left|right|top|bottom]offset=
     [left|right|top|bottom]framecolor=
     [left|right|top|bottom]rulethickness=
in \setupframed?

(the last two options may lead to uneven effects in the corners when
misused)

Thank you,
	Mojca Miklavec