* RE: another dvipdfmx/context bug
@ 2005-09-05 16:23 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-09-05 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

It appears that there is a bug in the ctxtools. Consider
original-public-lm.map. Lines such as

cmbsy10  cmbsy10
cmbsy5  cmbsy5
cmbsy6  cmbsy7

should be either

cmbsy10  default cmbsy10
cmbsy5   default  cmbsy5
cmbsy6   default  cmbsy7

partucularly when the name of the tfm and pfb do differ;

or just

cmbsy10
cmbsy5
cmbsy6

where the name of the tfm and pfb do not differ.

Is this right ChoF?

Best
Idris

>> about.dvi -> about.pdf
>> [1
>> ** ERROR ** Could not find encoding file "cmsy10".
>>
>> Output file removed.
>>
>> Please advise-)
>
>You may have an incorrect mapping file, original-public-lm.map.
>I guess that the mapping file contains the following line
>
>cmsy10 cmsy10
>
>which is incorrect. Just change as follows:
>
>cmsy10
>
>It's enough. It seems that ctxtools does not generate a right mapping
>file.

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: another dvipdfmx/context bug
@ 2005-09-05 14:09 ` Jin-Hwan Cho
From: Jin-Hwan Cho @ 2005-09-05 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 3, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Dear gang,
>
> Here is anotehr dvipdfmx bug. I already did
>
> ctxtools --dpxmapfiles --force texmf
> ctxtools --dpxmapfiles --force texmf-local
> ctxtools --dpxmapfiles --force texmf-fonts
>
> Now the following file fails:

> % output=dvipdfmx
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize
>
> \item test
>
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> dvipdfmx fails with

> about.dvi -> about.pdf
> [1
> ** ERROR ** Could not find encoding file "cmsy10".
>
> Output file removed.
>
> Please advise-)

You may have an incorrect mapping file, original-public-lm.map.
I guess that the mapping file contains the following line

cmsy10 cmsy10

which is incorrect. Just change as follows:

cmsy10

It's enough. It seems that ctxtools does not generate a right mapping
file.

Best, ChoF.

* another dvipdfmx/context bug
@ 2005-09-03  3:10 Idris Samawi Hamid