* strange behaviour of \mirror inside itemize
@ 2005-09-06 13:02 Mojca Miklavec
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-09-06 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try this code out with:

\startitemize
\item \XETEX
\item \PDFETEX
\stopitemize

I have a feeling that \mirror and itemize interfere in a strage manner,
but I don't understand the underlying code to fix it.

Thank you,
	Mojca

PS: well, as I have to do a short presentation in the evening and
couldn't wait for an answer, I tried to do a small fix and "apologise"
for it:

\def\XETEX    {X\lower.5ex\hbox{\kern-.15em{E}}\kern-.1667em\TeX}
{\itx (PS: \XETEX\ should be \XeTeX)} % outside itemize

It seems that I have no luck today! ;)
(Hmm, Slovenian is certainly not the only case where rotated/mirrored
latin letters are used ;)

* Re: strange behaviour of \mirror inside itemize
@ 2005-09-06 13:47 ` luigi.scarso
From: luigi.scarso @ 2005-09-06 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Try this code out with:
>
> \startitemize
> \item \XETEX
> \item \PDFETEX
> \stopitemize

it seems a bug..

luigi

* Re: strange behaviour of \mirror inside itemize
@ 2005-09-06 13:56 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-06 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Cute little bug!

*extremely* sneaky workaround follows:

   \setbox2=\hbox{\XETEX}
   \def\XETEX{\copy2 }

Greetings, Taco

@ 2005-09-06 14:43   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-09-06 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Cute little bug!
>
> *extremely* sneaky workaround follows:
>
>    \setbox2=\hbox{\XETEX}
>    \def\XETEX{\copy2 }
>
> Greetings, Taco

Thank you, this will do perfectly for today ;)

Mojca

* Re: strange behaviour of \mirror inside itemize
@ 2005-09-06 16:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-09-06 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Try this code out with:
>
> \startitemize
> \item \XETEX
> \item \PDFETEX
> \stopitemize
>
> I have a feeling that \mirror and itemize interfere in a strage
> manner, but I don't understand the underlying code to fix it.
>
> Thank you,
>     Mojca
>

> PS: well, as I have to do a short presentation in the evening and
> couldn't wait for an answer, I tried to do a small fix and "apologise"
> for it:
>
> \def\XETEX    {X\lower.5ex\hbox{\kern-.15em{E}}\kern-.1667em\TeX}
> {\itx (PS: \XETEX\ should be \XeTeX)} % outside itemize
>
> It seems that I have no luck today! ;)

somehwo pdftex does not like mixed cm usage (i wonder if we need new primive for that \pdfcm or so (similar to what dvipdfmx has)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE