* no graphics inclusion
@ 2005-09-07 15:34 Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-09-07 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeCters,

please, is there some trick how to suppress external graphics inclusion
into PDF, just only show dummy frames instead? I would like to send the
underworked doc with plenty of graphics for proof reading. With graphics
it has tens of MB.

I tried
   \setupexternalfigures[option=empty]
it shows only frames instead of graphics but graphics is also included,
so it resulted in no PDF file size reduction.

Thanks
Vit

* Re: no graphics inclusion
@ 2005-09-07 15:58 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-09-07 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:

> Hello ConTeCters,
>
> please, is there some trick how to suppress external graphics
> inclusion into PDF, just only show dummy frames instead? I would like
> to send the underworked doc with plenty of graphics for proof reading.
> With graphics it has tens of MB.
>
> I tried
>   \setupexternalfigures[option=empty]
> it shows only frames instead of graphics but graphics is also
> included, so it resulted in no PDF file size reduction.

what happens when object=no is added

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* No more PDF output using mptopdf
@ 2005-09-07 17:09 ` Jilani Khaldi
From: Jilani Khaldi @ 2005-09-07 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,
well, till five minutes ago the command "mptopdf myfile.mp" gives in
output "myfile.pdf", but after playing with metafun, now I can't get in
output the "myfile.pdf" using the same command; however, "mptopdf" says
that "myfile.pdf" has been created, but nothing really happens.
How to get "mptopdf" working again?
Thanks!

jk

--
// Jilani KHALDI
http://www.archsf.org

* Re: no graphics inclusion
@ 2005-09-07 18:30   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-09-07 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>
>> Hello ConTeCters,
>>
>> please, is there some trick how to suppress external graphics
>> inclusion into PDF, just only show dummy frames instead? I would like
>> to send the underworked doc with plenty of graphics for proof reading.
>> With graphics it has tens of MB.
>>
>> I tried
>>   \setupexternalfigures[option=empty]
>> it shows only frames instead of graphics but graphics is also
>> included, so it resulted in no PDF file size reduction.
>

> what happens when object=no is added

In case of my goal it is the same: graphics incorporated to PDF.

If I understand object=no correctly it prevents reusing graphics, so the
size even grows if some figures are inserted several times
(... yes, verified).

vit

> Hans

* Re: No more PDF output using mptopdf
@ 2005-09-08  8:02   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-08  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Jilani Khaldi wrote:
> Hi All,
> well, till five minutes ago the command "mptopdf myfile.mp" gives in
> output "myfile.pdf", but after playing with metafun, now I can't get in
> output the "myfile.pdf" using the same command; however, "mptopdf" says
> that "myfile.pdf" has been created, but nothing really happens.
> How to get "mptopdf" working again?

The general answer would be: "undo whatever you did while playing".

Unfortunately, We do not know what you did precisely, making it hard
to guess what is wrong now. There may be a clue inside myfile.log.
Otherwise, you will have to write a somewhat longer explanation of
what you did and perhaps show some example code as well.

Greetings, Taco