Peter Rolf wrote: > Hi all, > > I've tested the latest version of \limitatefirstline and it still > doesn't work as expected. This is really a complex story (problem). > > - the clip mechanism cuts off the lowest part of some special chars > (clipping graphics is easy, but I don't understand what happens here) This one is unsolved. I added height to the clipping (\struttotal; maybe not enought for \underbar). Now I get complete characters, but the cropped text and the sentinel are not on the same baseline anymore. > - text is sometimes cropped at word boundaries (example 110pt), > instead of beeing clipped I have fixed this one. There must be another check in case of a successful break (else it acts like \limitatetext). Haven't thought about this :) So just ignore the prior mail (example) and look at the attached code instead. Greetings, Peter