* No small caps?
@ 2005-09-12 14:45 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-09-12 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have Palatino as main font set up with

\usetypescript[adobekb][8r]
\loadmapfile[context-base]
\usetypescript[palatino][8r]
\setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt]
\switchtobodyfont[12pt]

Plus I have

\setupcapitals[sc=yes]
\definestartstop[abstract]
[before={\sc Abstract.\hskip1em}]

But

\starttext
\startabstract
In this article we will analyze a few techniques that can be
used to approximate, by means of Bézier cubics, envelopes of
circles centered on Bézier cubics. Such an approximation is
useful, if not necessary, in several applications in many
branches of computer graphics, ranging from CAD to outline
font conversions.
\stopabstract
\stoptext

does not give me Abstract in small caps.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: No small caps?
@ 2005-09-12 15:22 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-12 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> I have Palatino as main font set up with
>
> \usetypescript[adobekb][8r]
> \loadmapfile[context-base]
> \usetypescript[palatino][8r]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt]
> \switchtobodyfont[12pt]

There are two problems. One is yours: you should use [ec]
instead of [8r] to get a more reasonable encoding; and one
is a buglet in context: there is (at least one) 'c' missing
from type-akb.tex.

The corrected input is:

   \usetypescript[adobekb][ec]
   \definefontsynonym [ec-uplr8a-capitalized-800]
                      [pplrc8t]  [encoding=ec]
   \loadmapfile[context-base]
   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
   \setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt]
   \switchtobodyfont[12pt]

And that actually works in my setup (well, it uses a virtualized
URW Palladio instead of Adobe Palatino, but I believe that is the
intented behaviour).

> Plus I have
>
> \setupcapitals[sc=yes]

You don't need this \setup.. for this example to work (I think it
is intended for setting up \Caps)

> \definestartstop[abstract]
> [before={\sc Abstract.\hskip1em}]

You will probably want an extra set of braces here, the outer
brace level is stripped off, so the entire abstract will be
in \sc.

Greetings, Taco

* Re[2]: No small caps?
@ 2005-09-13  9:39   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-09-13  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Monday, September 12, 2005 Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> The corrected input is:

>    \usetypescript[adobekb][ec]
>    \definefontsynonym [ec-uplr8a-capitalized-800]
>                       [pplrc8t]  [encoding=ec]
>    \loadmapfile[context-base]
>    \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>    \setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt]
>    \switchtobodyfont[12pt]

I made a similar fix for 8r. I also had to install the fpls
package (SC and OsF for URW Palladio) ... and now pdfetex
1.21a produces a flaky pdf! (xref table at the end is
incomplete)

I'll tru to debug the problem ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[3]: No small caps?
@ 2005-09-13 11:23     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-09-13 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> Monday, September 12, 2005 Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> The corrected input is:

>>    \usetypescript[adobekb][ec]
>>    \definefontsynonym [ec-uplr8a-capitalized-800]
>>                       [pplrc8t]  [encoding=ec]
>>    \loadmapfile[context-base]
>>    \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>>    \setupbodyfont[palatino,rm,12pt]
>>    \switchtobodyfont[12pt]

> I made a similar fix for 8r. I also had to install the fpls
> package (SC and OsF for URW Palladio) ... and now pdfetex
> 1.21a produces a flaky pdf! (xref table at the end is
> incomplete)

> I'll tru to debug the problem ...

With ec it works ok. Looks like the 8r encoding for this
font is busted ... the strangest thing is that even DVI
production fails ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta