From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Beta bib module release
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:02:53 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have prepared a beta release of the bibliography module,
and uploaded it as

   http://tex.aanhet.net/bib/m-bib-beta-20050927.zip

Because it is only a beta, I have not fixed the documentation yet.
The differences between this version and the one in the ConTeXt
distribution are outlined below.

I know that the wishlist is quite long, and there are even still
bugs I have not looked into, but I have to release *something*
otherwise nothing will ever happen. Somehow I never seem to get
around to working on the module. :-(

Comments (and testfiles) are welcome, and feel free to update
the wishlist on the wiki :

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Taco/Bib

Happy TeXing, Taco

Bugfixes:

* The extra spaces in the output of authors and editors
   inside the publication list should be gone.

* \newbibfield now works as advertised

* It is possible to use context commands with the same
   name as a bib fieldname inside the arguments of the
   fields. This now compiles correctly:

   \startpublication[k=garden,t=misc,a={Wiki people}]
   \thekey{Wiki people}
   \title{The \type{\ConTeXt} garden}
   \note{See also \useurl[pedia]{http://wikipedia.com}\url[pedia]}
   \url{http://wiki.contextgarden.net}
   \stoppublication

New features:

* Two new styles are now part of the distribution:
   bibl-apa-de.tex and bibl-ssa.tex

* \cite now accepts \setupcite arguments in the
   optional argument, so you can do stuff like

     \cite[right={, chapter 5)}][key]

   The commands
     \cite[alternative=author][key]
   and
     \cite[author][key]
   are equivalent

* The bibtex fields URL and LASTCHECKED have been added
   to the bst files.

* Two new \setupcite arguments 'andtext' and 'otherstext'
   have been added, and the language-dependancy of the bst
   files has been removed.

* There is a new type of \citation:

      \cite[url][key]

   It does not do any kind of interaction, if you want that
   you have to wrap the \cite in another command. Internally,
   this uses the new 'u=' argument to \startpublication.

* Also, \cite[doi][key] now actually does generate the doi in
   the text (this uses the 'o=' argument to \startpublication)

* Finally, you can get selected data bits from a publication
   by using

     \getcitedata [url] [garden] to \gardenlink

   (in this case, \gardenlink will be \def-ed to the value
   of the \url{..} field in the bib item with label 'garden').

Discontinued:

* I have removed t-bibltx.tex. All it did was define the
   \newcommand command, and you are better off using the
   new latex emulation module for that.

* I dropped support for the INSTITUTE field in bibtex
   (it was never actually used anyway)