* bib module: doubling publications list
@ 2005-10-02 22:39 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-10-02 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Taco and gang,

Ok, I'm migrating my journal over to the new bib module (ConTeXt from 8-31).
First issue:

Under some strange circumstances (perhaps if the bbl file and tex file have
the same name?), sometimes the list of publications gets repeated. I cannot
always repeat this though; seems capricious. Here are test files:

=============test-bib.tex===============
% output=pdf interface=en

\usemodule[bib]

\setuppublications[alternative=apa]
\setuppublications[autohang=yes]
\setuppublications[numbering=no]
\setuppublications[criterium=cite]
\setuppublications[sorttype=bbl]

\input test-bib.bbl

\starttext

 \cite[afghani60]

\section{References}{\tfx\setupinterlinespace
{\placepublications}}

\stoptext

==============test-bib.bbl==============
\startpublication[k=afghani60,
                  t=book,
                  a=Afgh\=an\=i,
                  y=1960,
                  s=]
\author[]{Sa\high{c}\=id}[]{}{Al-Afgh\=an\=i}
\title{Asw\=aqu \~al-\high{c}Arab f\=i
    \~al-J\=ahiliyya\~h wa \~al-Isl\=am}
\pubname{D\=aru \~al-Fikr}
\city{Damascus}
\pubyear{1960}
\stoppublication

If the \setuppublications[sorttype=bbl] line is commented, the problem
disappears. If I change the name of the tex file to test-bib-dbl.tex, the
problem disappears.

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: bib module: doubling publications list
@ 2005-10-03 13:35 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-10-03 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear Taco and gang,
>
> Ok, I'm migrating my journal over to the new bib module (ConTeXt from 8-31).
> First issue:
>
> Under some strange circumstances (perhaps if the bbl file and tex file have
> the same name?), sometimes the list of publications gets repeated. I cannot
> always repeat this though; seems capricious. Here are test files:

> \input test-bib.bbl

This line is superfluous, because there is an implicit

   \usepublications[\jobname]

that is executed by the module itself. Since there is no double loading
guard, the bbl is read twice in this example.

Cheers,
Taco