From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Re: bib module: multiple bibs and alphabetical order
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:25:13 +0200	[thread overview]

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Hi Taco,
> Thnx for working on this! I am confused about a couple of things though...
>

>>There is one bbl per article, but only one (global) list
>>of references & publications, so, for now, your bbl files
>>need to define bib items with unique keys. I hope this is
>>workable for now?
>

> In the examples I sent there was no global list. Are you saying that I need to
 >

> Is this right or am I not getting it?-)

What I meant to say is that there is a single 'pubs' list
that is shared by all the articles. This list is built up
from the separate .bbl files, one per article, as before.

The typesetting of the publicationlist now has

    \setuppublicationlist[criterium=local]

and that is what ensures that only the citations within the current
product are actually typeset. The one thing you have to watch
out for is that when the different .bbl files define different
entries that use identically named keys, then you are in trouble.

> Hmm, I have been treating each issue of the journal as a distinct project in
> itself. Maybe for the next volume I'll try the more abstract approach. But I
> don't understand how this issue affects the bib issue.

You can simply not use project files at all, just products
and components, and it will work (almost?) like it does
now.

>>Btw, if you use bibtex, then you can do
>>
>>  \setupbibtex[sort=title]
>>
>>because then bibtex does the sorting for me. :-)

> Do I have to go back to bibtex syntax?

Yes, and that's why it is not the best of ideas.

Cheers,
Taco