* "Smart" \in
@ 2005-10-07 16:25 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-10-07 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I have a document which is split into separate \parts. I
would like the \in command (& friends) to automatically add
the "part" reference when cross-referencing across parts.

Example:

"""
\part[part:one]{Part one}

\chapter[ch:one]{Chapter one}

\chapter[ch:two]{Chapter two}
As seen in \in chapter[ch:one]

\part[part:two]{Part two}

\chater[ch:2-1]{Chapter two}

As seen in \in chapter[ch:one]
"""

The first \in would say chapter~1, the second chapter~1,
part~1.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: "Smart" \in
@ 2005-10-08 12:26 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-10-08 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have a document which is split into separate \parts. I
>would like the \in command (& friends) to automatically add
>the "part" reference when cross-referencing across parts.
>
>Example:
>

>"""
>\part[part:one]{Part one}
>
>\chapter[ch:one]{Chapter one}
>
>\chapter[ch:two]{Chapter two}
>As seen in \in chapter[ch:one]
>
>\part[part:two]{Part two}
>
>\chater[ch:2-1]{Chapter two}
>
>As seen in \in chapter[ch:one]
>"""
>
>The first \in would say chapter~1, the second chapter~1,
>part~1.

\setuphead[part][prefix=part]
\setuphead[chapter][prefix=ch]

\setuphead[chapter]prefix=+] % kind of automatic

(actually, prefixes are blabla::whatever deep down in context)

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re[2]: "Smart" \in
@ 2005-10-09 10:18   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-10-09 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Saturday, October 8, 2005 Hans Hagen wrote:

> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>>Hello all,
>>
>>I have a document which is split into separate \parts. I
>>would like the \in command (& friends) to automatically add
>>the "part" reference when cross-referencing across parts.
>>
>>Example:
>>

>>"""
>>\part[part:one]{Part one}
>>
>>\chapter[ch:one]{Chapter one}
>>
>>\chapter[ch:two]{Chapter two}
>>As seen in \in chapter[ch:one]
>>
>>\part[part:two]{Part two}
>>
>>\chater[ch:2-1]{Chapter two}
>>
>>As seen in \in chapter[ch:one]
>>"""
>>
>>The first \in would say chapter~1, the second chapter~1,
>>part~1.
>>

> \setuphead[part][prefix=part]
> \setuphead[chapter][prefix=ch]

> \setuphead[chapter]prefix=+] % kind of automatic

> (actually, prefixes are blabla::whatever deep down in context)

Looks like I didn't make myself clear. I don't want the
label prefix to be automatic.

I want the reference to automatically add "part ..." (in the
text) when the current part is different from the part of
the referenced thing.

I see that the example was too verbose to be minimal
enough. Second go:

"""
\starttext
\part{Part one}
\chapter[interest]{Chapter one}
\chapter{Chapter two}
As seen in \in chapter[interest]
\part{Part two}
\chapter{Chapter one of part two}
\chapter{Chapter two of part two}
As seen in \in chapter[interest]
\stoptext
"""

If you compile this example, you'll see that both \in's
print the same output, but the second one is referring to
chapter 2 in part 1, and this is not clear (it seems it's
referring to chapter 1 in the same part), so it should add
", part 1" to make it clear.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Spanning a table across 2 pages
@ 2005-11-02 19:56   ` Jilani Khaldi
From: Jilani Khaldi @ 2005-11-02 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

In my document I have many tables using:

\section{My table ...}
My table presentation....
\splitfloat
{\placetable[force][tab:TabN103]{Table label}}
{
\bTABLE
  \bTR
    \bTD {\bf ID} \eTD
    \bTD {\bf Description} \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD ID_001 \eTD
    \bTD Contents... \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD ID_002 \eTD
    \bTD Contents... \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD ID_00N \eTD
    \bTD contents \eTD
  \eTR
\eTABLE
}

The length of these tables is variable. My problem is in some pages I
have empty space because the hole table can't fit inside it and jumps to
a new page. What is the parameter to set so I have a table spanned
across to pages?

Thanks!

jk

--