* MathML: Please ignore <mo>&#x02061;</mo>
@ 2005-10-12  9:37 Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2005-10-12  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Salvete,

 I just started to think about using ConTeXt on XML input files, so I've
got a question which should be easy to answer:  My MathML source
generates presentation code which includes <mo>&#x02061;</mo> between a
function symbol and its arguments.  I get a black rectangle for that;
I'd like ConTeXt to ignore this character, where do I define it as
“nothing”?

regards,
	Christopher

* Re: MathML: Please ignore <mo>&#x02061;</mo>
@ 2005-10-24 23:06 ` Hans Hagen Test
From: Hans Hagen Test @ 2005-10-24 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Creutzig wrote:

>Salvete,
>
> I just started to think about using ConTeXt on XML input files, so I've
>got a question which should be easy to answer:  My MathML source
>generates presentation code which includes <mo>&#x02061;</mo> between a
>function symbol and its arguments.  I get a black rectangle for that;
>I'd like ConTeXt to ignore this character, where do I define it as
>�nothing�?

in the related unic-* files (these are occasionally extended with new
entries -)

Hans

* Re: MathML: Please ignore <mo>&#x02061;</mo>
       [not found] <20051012100003.2A61312799@ronja.ntg.nl>
@ 2005-10-13 15:07 ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2005-10-13 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Salvete,
>
>  I just started to think about using ConTeXt on XML input files, so I've
> got a question which should be easy to answer:  My MathML source
> generates presentation code which includes <mo>&#x02061;</mo> between a
> function symbol and its arguments.  I get a black rectangle for that;
> I'd like ConTeXt to ignore this character, where do I define it as
> “nothing”?

This is the hex unicode reference for the entity &af; which is already
defined in xtag-mml.tex as nothing ({}) via its expansion into
&ApplyFunction;.

So the problem seems to be in arriving at &af; from &#x02061;. I'm not
sure how to do that, but in the meantime you can define &#x02061;
explicitly using:

\defineXMLentity [x02061] {}

I think there is a mapping mechanism though, since a lot of Unicode is
supported natively; perhaps the vector to which &af; belongs hasn't been
completed yet.

Duncan