* Interactive things and exact placement of graphics
@ 2005-10-13  7:25 Jessica Holle
From: Jessica Holle @ 2005-10-13  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have some questions again. :-)
I want to draw a figure with metafun and place this on an exact
place like x=3cm,y=4cm. This figure  will be build of some figures
which I draw with Metafun. In which way I do this? Whith layers? How
should it looks like? Get some small layer with only one figure
together in a big layer?

And when I've build this graphic I want to put text into it and the
whole graphic should be interactive. I want to lay a hyperlink over
this to the web or another page in my document. Is this possible and
in which way?

thx jessica

* Re: Interactive things and exact placement of graphics
@ 2005-10-13 16:01 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-10-13 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jessica,

If you have to superimpose text over the picture(s) then layers are the
way to go.
For what you want may be you could use the fieldstack-mechanism (see
metafun manual). - I do not know however how this will work with layers.
To include interactive links in the text there is a command
\goto[some-reference].
In order to jump to a different document you could use
\useexternaldocument[reference in this document][name of external
file][comments], which you can use as follows:
\goto{My external file}[reference in this document::]. More information
on this subject can be found in the manual mwidget.pdf
A good source for solutions can be the presentation-styles delivered
with the Context distro, Hans uses often pieces of Metapost within them.

I hope this gives you a clue ...

Willi.

@ 2005-10-24 22:55 ` Hans Hagen Test
From: Hans Hagen Test @ 2005-10-24 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jessica Holle wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have some questions again. :-)
>I want to draw a figure with metafun and place this on an exact
>place like x=3cm,y=4cm. This figure  will be build of some figures
>which I draw with Metafun. In which way I do this? Whith layers? How
>should it looks like? Get some small layer with only one figure
>together in a big layer?
>
>And when I've build this graphic I want to put text into it and the
>whole graphic should be interactive. I want to lay a hyperlink over
>this to the web or another page in my document. Is this possible and
>in which way?

\definelayer[blabla][width=4cm,height=8cm]

\setlayer[blabla][preset=lefttop,x=1cm,y=2cm]{your graphic}

etc etc

grep a bit for layers in the context/base tree

Hans