* interaction between header texts and typing environments
@ 2005-10-19 21:22 Marko Schütz
From: Marko Schütz @ 2005-10-19 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 1069 bytes --]

I'm trying to have header texts on every page. There are also some
long typing environments in the document. It seems that when the page
breaks within the typing environment processing the header texts leads
to an error.

If I put a \ifprocessingverbatim\else .... \fi around the table in the
header text, I do not get the error. So I should turn off the typing
environment temporarily to get the header text out. How should I do
that? \stoptyping ... \starttyping do not do it.

Thanks,

Marko

\startproduct test

\setupheadertexts[{\starttable[|w(.8\textwidth) l|w(.15\textwidth)l|]
\HL
\VL \VL page \pagenumber\ of \totalnumberofpages \VL\FR
\VL \VL \VL \LR
\HL
\stoptable}]

\starttyping
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
test
\stoptyping

\stopproduct

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 186 bytes --]

* Re: interaction between header texts and typing environments
@ 2005-10-24 22:38 ` Hans Hagen Test
From: Hans Hagen Test @ 2005-10-24 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marko � wrote:

>I'm trying to have header texts on every page. There are also some
>long typing environments in the document. It seems that when the page
>breaks within the typing environment processing the header texts leads
>to an error.

weird indeed has to do with catcodes and verbatim; for the moment use
\setnormalcatcodes

\startsetups heading
\starttable[|w(.8\textwidth)l|w(.15\textwidth)l|]
\HL
\VL \VL page \pagenumber\ of \totalnumberofpages \VL\FR
\VL \VL \VL \LR
\HL
\stoptable
\stopsetups

\starttext

\setupheadertexts[\setnormalcatcodes\setups{heading}]

\stoptext

Hans

* Re: interaction between header texts and typing environments
@ 2005-10-24 22:47 ` Hans Hagen Test
From: Hans Hagen Test @ 2005-10-24 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marko � wrote:

>I'm trying to have header texts on every page. There are also some
>long typing environments in the document. It seems that when the page
>breaks within the typing environment processing the header texts leads
>to an error.
>
>If I put a \ifprocessingverbatim\else .... \fi around the table in the
>header text, I do not get the error. So I should turn off the typing
>environment temporarily to get the header text out. How should I do
>that? \stoptyping ... \starttyping do not do it.

my guess is that the following should work ok (this current code is
quite old and dates from previous century)

\unprotect

\bgroup

\catcode`\|=\@@active
\catcode`\"=\@@active

\gdef\pushouterbarandquote
  {\ifForgetTableBarAndQuote
     \ifnum\catcode`\|=\@@active
        \let\outertablebar|%
     \else
        \let\outertablebar\relax
     \fi
     \ifnum\catcode`\"=\@@active
       \let\outertablequote"%
     \else
       \let\outertablequote\relax
     \fi
   \fi}

\gdef\popouterbarandquote
  {\ifForgetTableBarAndQuote
     \ifx\outertablebar  \relax\else\let|\outertablebar  \fi
     \ifx\outertablequote\relax\else\let"\outertablequote\fi
   \else
     \redefinetablebarandquote
   \fi}

\egroup