* RE: placing headings (solution on wiki)
@ 2005-11-09  5:23 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-11-09  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi gang,

Ok, I figured out a solution and have posted it here (bottom of page):

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Headers_and_Footers

I have never edited the wiki before so I hope the maintainer will check to
make sure I did not do something wrong-) If there is a way to improve my
solution please let me know!

I think this is a nice sample file...

Best
Idris

Dear gang,

I am having difficulties with heading placement. Consider the following sample
file:

=================headings.tex==================
% output=pdf interface=en

\setuppapersize [A5][A4]

\setuplayout[width=middle,
             height=middle,
             footer=3\bodyfontsize,
             header=0pt,
             headerdistance=\bodyfontsize,
             bottom=3\bodyfontsize,
             location={middle,doublesided},
             marking=on]

\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,
                    location={footer,middle}]

\setupbottomtexts[pagenumber]
\setupbottom[style=\tf,state=high]

\setupfootertexts%
[][section][chapter][]
\setupfooter[style=\tf,
               state=high]

\setuptexttexts%
[margin][][section][chapter][]
\setuptext[style=\tf,
               state=high]

\setupinmargin[align=inner,
               style=\tfx\setupinterlinespace]

\showframe

\starttext

\chapter{Ch. Knuth Knuth}

\section{Sec. Knuth Knuth}
\dorecurse{20}{\input knuth\par\ }

\stoptext

This file should compile fine.

Problem 1:

I would like the headings in the footer to be flush with the top of the footer
space instead of at the bottom;

Problem 2:

After making the footer headings flush with the top of the footer space, I
would now like to mid-align the headings so each is just above the page number
in the footer space (I thought this would be trivial but it's apparently not);

Problem 3:

I would like to have marginal headings: how do I

i) keep the headings boxed within the margin width;

ii) raise (or lower) the box containing the margin headings?

Thnx in advance for helping me solve these problems!

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: placing headings (solution on wiki)
@ 2005-11-09 10:12 ` Erik Van Eynde
From: Erik Van Eynde @ 2005-11-09 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody...

I've chaged two typo on this page ....

\expanded{\uppercase{\fetchmark[chapter][first]}}
                                              ^

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

>Hi gang,
>
>Ok, I figured out a solution and have posted it here (bottom of page):
>
>http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Headers_and_Footers
>
>I have never edited the wiki before so I hope the maintainer will check to
>make sure I did not do something wrong-) If there is a way to improve my
>solution please let me know!
>
>I think this is a nice sample file...
>
>Best
>Idris

>Dear gang,
>
>I am having difficulties with heading placement. Consider the following sample
>file:
>
>=================headings.tex==================
>% output=pdf interface=en
>
>\setuppapersize [A5][A4]
>
>\setuplayout[width=middle,
>             height=middle,
>             footer=3\bodyfontsize,
>             header=0pt,
>             headerdistance=\bodyfontsize,
>             bottom=3\bodyfontsize,
>             location={middle,doublesided},
>             marking=on]
>
>\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,
>                    location={footer,middle}]
>
>\setupbottomtexts[pagenumber]
>\setupbottom[style=\tf,state=high]
>
>\setupfootertexts%
>[][section][chapter][]
>\setupfooter[style=\tf,
>               state=high]
>
>\setuptexttexts%
>[margin][][section][chapter][]
>\setuptext[style=\tf,
>               state=high]
>
>\setupinmargin[align=inner,
>               style=\tfx\setupinterlinespace]
>
>\showframe
>
>\starttext
>
>\chapter{Ch. Knuth Knuth}
>
>\section{Sec. Knuth Knuth}
>\dorecurse{20}{\input knuth\par\ }
>
>\stoptext
>
>This file should compile fine.
>
>Problem 1:
>
>I would like the headings in the footer to be flush with the top of the footer
>space instead of at the bottom;
>
>Problem 2:
>
>After making the footer headings flush with the top of the footer space, I
>would now like to mid-align the headings so each is just above the page number
>in the footer space (I thought this would be trivial but it's apparently not);
>
>Problem 3:
>
>I would like to have marginal headings: how do I
>
>i) keep the headings boxed within the margin width;
>
>ii) raise (or lower) the box containing the margin headings?
>
>Thnx in advance for helping me solve these problems!
>
>Best
>Idris

------------------ooOoo--- (~) ----ooOoo--------------------------------
Erik Van Eynde              -
           LUDIT
           Leuvens Universitair Dienstencentrum voor Informatica en
Telematica
           W. de Croylaan 52a                    phone: +32 16 322-243
           3001 Heverlee                         fax: +32 16 322-999
           Belgie

Electronic adress:

           gepers.E-mail: Erik.VanEynde@cc.kuleuven.ac.be
                     of : Erik.VanEynde@student.kuleuven.ac.be