* extra page in presentation styles
@ 2005-11-03 16:36 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2005-11-03 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Context presentation style problem:

I didn't use the (green-)presentation style for quite some time.
Now I suddenly get an EXTRA PAGE before the first \TitlePage.
See below for a minimal example and the output produced.
Does somebody happen to what is wrong or where I am wrong?
By the way, the upgrade of 27-10-2005 context did not change this.

I do not include the pdf-output, because it makes this posting too
big to post without special moderator approval.
But in my system it gives a blank first page and then the TitlePage
as sheet numbered 2.

Thanks.

Hans van der Meer

% =============================================================== %
%    This example shows an extra blank page before the first real one.
\usemodule[pre-green]
% =============================================================== %
\starttext
% =============================================================== %
     \TitlePage{\vfill\vfill\bf
         Titlepage\blank
         \color[red]{Is SECOND instead of\crlf FIRST page!}\blank
         \tfxx\tfx
         This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.0-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
         \blank
         ConTeXt  ver: 2005.08.31  fmt: 2005.10.19
         \vfill\vfill\vfill\bfxx
         \color[blue]{\currentdate}\hfill\null}
% =============================================================== %
\Subject{First subject}
     \vfill
     This is the first subject page.
     \vfill
% =============================================================== %
\stoptext
% =============================================================== %

* Re: extra page in presentation styles
@ 2005-11-03 20:25 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2005-11-03 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

On my machine with
ConTeXt  ver: 2005.09.14  fmt: 2005.10.21  int: english  mes: english
everything is fine with the sample file you sent.
Probably you should update your installation of ConTeXt.

Best regards: OK

@ 2005-11-03 23:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-03 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> On my machine with
> ConTeXt  ver: 2005.09.14  fmt: 2005.10.21  int: english  mes: english
> everything is fine with the sample file you sent.
> Probably you should update your installation of ConTeXt.

no problems here either;  maybe some  spurious  character  that  has
ended up in a file

Hans

* Re: extra page in presentation styles
@ 2005-11-04 16:47     ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2005-11-04 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Both of you thanks for taking the trouble to run the example.
Because of your results I became convinced the problem was lurking
somewhere in my part of the ConTeXt installation. That enabled me the
quickly locate the culprit: a spurious comma introduced (by me of
course, stupido) in cont-sys.tex (cont-sys.rme). A pity this comma
did not show up in the output; it makes your help the more valuable.

I am posting this message to the list, so that everyone who read my
ConTeXt.

> On Nov 4, 2005, at 0:02, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Otared Kavian wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Hans,
>>>
>>> On my machine with
>>> ConTeXt  ver: 2005.09.14  fmt: 2005.10.21  int: english  mes:
>>> english
>>> everything is fine with the sample file you sent.
>>> Probably you should update your installation of ConTeXt.
>>>

>> no problems here either;  maybe some  spurious  character  that
>> has ended up in a file
>> Hans

Hans van der Meer

* Re: extra page in presentation styles
@ 2005-11-09 10:42       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-09 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Both of you thanks for taking the trouble to run the example.
> Because of your results I became convinced the problem was lurking
> somewhere in my part of the ConTeXt installation. That enabled me the
> quickly locate the culprit: a spurious comma introduced (by me of
> course, stupido) in cont-sys.tex (cont-sys.rme). A pity this comma
> did not show up in the output; it makes your help the more valuable.

such a comma may not be visible because it is obscured by some layer or
because a font is not yet loaded (rare)

Hans