* Header design
@ 2005-10-05 23:58 Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-10-05 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i have now try to setup the CD pagedesign.

Please can anyone help me to find a solution for this setup ;-)

What i need is:

Title_of_the_document | section

on the left hand side in the header. I have found a solution for the
headerrule but for the text ...

I have added my solution on the bottom of this mail what i have also
tryed:

\setupheadertexts[text][{Title | \getmarking[chapter]}]

from:

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2003/003438.html

which don't work because i get the following error:

---
! Argument of \next has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
<to be read again>
                   }
\doattributes ...name #1#2\@EA \endcsname \fi {#4}
                                                  \dostopattributes
\dosingletexts ...atetexts {#1#2#5}{#6{}{}{}}}}}}}
                                                  \egroup
<argument> ...?tk \v!header \v!text \c!righttext }
                                                  \@@nmpos {\getvalue {\??tk...

\dododoplacelayouttextline ...#2 #3}\hbox to #1{#4
                                                  }\stoplayoutcomponent \get...
l.74 \section
             {sec2}
?
---

Here know my texfile:
---
\setuppapersize [A4][A4]
\setupcolors[state=start]

\setuppagenumbering[location={footer,right}]
\setupheadertexts[][section]

% Solution from http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20050515.201803.67299570.html
\setupthinrules[color=red,height=1mm]
\setupheader[text][after=\thinrule]

\starttext
\section{sec1}
\page
\section{sec2}
\stoptext
---

Thanks in advaned for our help ;-)

Greetings

al ;-)

* Re: Header design
@ 2005-10-06  6:02 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2005-10-06  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexander Lazic wrote:
> ... what i have also tryed:
>
> \setupheadertexts[text][{Title | \getmarking[chapter]}]
>
> which don't work because i get the following error:

At least on my computer (Mac+TeXshop) the above solution works fine -
once you realize that a pipe character doesn't work if typed straight!
So the code in itself is correct, but you've included a character that
has a special meaning to ConTeXt and that's why it doesn't understand you.

If you really need the pipe, I got this one to work - I don't know if
there's a more elegant solution to the problem:

\setupheadertexts[text][{Title \type{|}  \getmarking[section]}]

(BTW, if you don't want any text on the left side of the header, do
\setupheadertexts[][{Title \type{|}  \getmarking[section]}]
instead, now it really says 'text' in the left edge of the header...)

Been there, done that - had to learn this pipe thingy the hard way, too.

Mari

* Re: Header design
@ 2005-10-06  7:29   ` Alexander Lazic
From: Alexander Lazic @ 2005-10-06  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Don 06.10.2005 09:02, Mari Voipio wrote:

>(BTW, if you don't want any text on the left side of the header, do
>\setupheadertexts[][{Title \type{|} \getmarking[section]}] instead, now
>it really says 'text' in the left edge of the header...)

Many thanx that was the think ;-))))

Greetings

al ;-)

* Re: Header design
@ 2005-11-09 14:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-09 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexander Lazic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have now try to setup the CD pagedesign.
>
> Please can anyone help me to find a solution for this setup ;-)
>
> What i need is:
>
> Title_of_the_document | section

was this solved?

Hans