* RE: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 21:01 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-11-11 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

>New features compared to the 2005.10.27 version:
>
>   * Additional dvips map files for Latin Modern
>   * context-base.map removed
>   * support for Waldi's Symbols added
>   * support for intercolumn spaces in natural tables
>   * support for extension of definitions inside assignments
>
>Bugs fixed since the 2005.10.27:

Once again: Have the ctxtools for dvipdfmx been fixed yet?

:-))

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 21:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-11 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

>Hi Taco,

>>New features compared to the 2005.10.27 version:
>>
>>  * Additional dvips map files for Latin Modern
>>  * context-base.map removed
>>  * support for Waldi's Symbols added
>>  * support for intercolumn spaces in natural tables
>>  * support for extension of definitions inside assignments
>>
>>Bugs fixed since the 2005.10.27:
>>

>Once again: Have the ctxtools for dvipdfmx been fixed yet?
>
>:-))

i'll look into it -) [send me the needed fix off-list]

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 17:03       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-11 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: koch, karl

Adam Lindsay wrote:

>Karl Berry said this at Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:16:08 -0600:
>

>>   Is this a "Halo" release for TeXLive?
>>
>>I don't know what that means, but no, this context release won't be on
>>

>I should have been more precise. I've heard of "halo" releases being the
>last set of bug fixes for a given software series (such as MacOSX 10.3.9
>or whatever was the final kernel in the Linux 2.2.n series).

the only problems with the software (kernels) i ran into was that
previous te xlive binaries no longer run on this years kernels but that
should not affect context and tex live

>>TL'05.  That's frozen, and Manfred is making the golden masters for
>>final testing and production now.  From what Hans and Taco have told me,
>>the post-TL context releases aren't critical, i.e., TL should be ok.  If
>>that's not the case, I don't want to know :).  (Ok, not really, please
>>inform ASAP if that's so :)
>>

>Oh. I haven't been following closely, but I did notice that Taco
>referred to the previous (2005.11.09) version as being a bit of a
>"problem child".
><http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2005.11.11>
>I just wanted to flag the issue as soon as possible, in case Hans/Taco
>saw it as critical.

there has indeed been some fixes (some posted off list) that had to deal
with latin modern, mptopdf (used outside context) as well as supp-pdf
and such

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 17:01     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-11 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: atl, koch

Karl Berry wrote:

>Hi Adam,
>
>    Is this a "Halo" release for TeXLive?
>
>I don't know what that means, but no, this context release won't be on
>TL'05.  That's frozen, and Manfred is making the golden masters for
>final testing and production now.  From what Hans and Taco have told me,
>the post-TL context releases aren't critical, i.e., TL should be ok.  If
>that's not the case, I don't want to know :).  (Ok, not really, please
>inform ASAP if that's so :)

there could be a problem for users who install tex live alongside older
local trees with for instance latin modern instances and map settings;
there are a few fixes in macros as well as the mp related issues; also a
missing map file was added (to be sure)

there are no conceptual changes so just unzipping the latest zip in the
tree should pose no problems

(i'm in fiona-apple-and-kate-bush-latest-cds-listening-loop-mode which
is great for fixing/adding things reported the last months -)

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 16:24     ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2005-11-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, koch

Karl Berry said this at Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:16:08 -0600:

>    Is this a "Halo" release for TeXLive?
>
>I don't know what that means, but no, this context release won't be on

I should have been more precise. I've heard of "halo" releases being the
last set of bug fixes for a given software series (such as MacOSX 10.3.9
or whatever was the final kernel in the Linux 2.2.n series).

>TL'05.  That's frozen, and Manfred is making the golden masters for
>final testing and production now.  From what Hans and Taco have told me,
>the post-TL context releases aren't critical, i.e., TL should be ok.  If
>that's not the case, I don't want to know :).  (Ok, not really, please
>inform ASAP if that's so :)

Oh. I haven't been following closely, but I did notice that Taco
referred to the previous (2005.11.09) version as being a bit of a
"problem child".
<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2005.11.11>
I just wanted to flag the issue as soon as possible, in case Hans/Taco
saw it as critical.

adam
 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492

* Re: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 16:21     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-11 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: atl, koch

Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
>     Is this a "Halo" release for TeXLive?
>
> I don't know what that means, but no, this context release won't be on
> TL'05.

TL contains the 2005.10.27 release (or so), and that release is OK.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 16:16   ` Karl Berry
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Karl Berry @ 2005-11-11 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, koch

Hi Adam,

    Is this a "Halo" release for TeXLive?

I don't know what that means, but no, this context release won't be on
TL'05.  That's frozen, and Manfred is making the golden masters for
final testing and production now.  From what Hans and Taco have told me,
the post-TL context releases aren't critical, i.e., TL should be ok.  If
that's not the case, I don't want to know :).  (Ok, not really, please
inform ASAP if that's so :)

Cheers,

* Re: Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 15:56 ` Adam Lindsay
From: Adam Lindsay @ 2005-11-11 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco, Hans,

Is this a "Halo" release for TeXLive? If so, it would help to make sure
that Dick Koch's repackaging (of gwTeX's redistribution) for the MacTeX
portion of the DVD includes this release.

adam
Taco Hoekwater said this at Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:36:25 +0100:

>Hello all,
>
>I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
>can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
>mirrors.
>
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>
>If you have not updated your Latin Modern fonts in the past
>month, then you will need to fetch the latest redistribution
>of the LM fonts as well:
>
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-lmt.zip
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-lmt.zip
>   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-lmt.zip
>
>In the course of the following days, both files will also become
>available from the regular CTAN nodes.
>
>New features compared to the 2005.10.27 version:
>
>   * Additional dvips map files for Latin Modern
>   * context-base.map removed
>   * support for Waldi's Symbols added
>   * support for intercolumn spaces in natural tables
>   * support for extension of definitions inside assignments
>
>Bugs fixed since the 2005.10.27:
>
>   * mptopdf sometimes had trouble starting the pdfetex executable
>   * sometimes externalimage-s in metafun disappeared
>   * EC encoded text in math mode should now be ok (\ccaron c.s.)
>   * lots of small register (index) fixes to newtexutil
>   * a bug in \type that prevented the compilation of the pdftex manual.
>   * some other (minor) bugs
>
>The current release has version 2005.11.11. As usual, there is a
>page with much more detailed release notes available on the Wiki,
>see: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2005.11.11
>

>Happy TeXing,
>
>Taco Hoekwater

 Adam T. Lindsay, Computing Dept.     atl@comp.lancs.ac.uk
 Lancaster University, InfoLab21        +44(0)1524/510.514
 Lancaster, LA1 4WA, UK             Fax:+44(0)1524/510.492

* Context 2005.11.11 Released
@ 2005-11-11 15:36 Taco Hoekwater