* TeXexec and MikTeX
@ 2005-11-12  7:06 Leon Di Stefano
From: Leon Di Stefano @ 2005-11-12  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings

I have been trying to set up ConTeXt in Windows XP using MikTeX. I have
been running LaTeX2e through TeXnic center fine.

On the basis of the TeXexec manual, I ran "texexec --make en"
I attempted to build a small file test.tex by running "texexec --pdf
test" from the directory in which the file is located.

It said that the default format file could not be found.

I tried increasing the 'pattern memory ops' in the miktex.ini config
file as you suggested to another TeXer; nothing happened.

The following message occurs in the log:

(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\symb-mis.tex)
symbols         : loading symbolset mvs
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\symb-mvs.tex)
symbols         : loading symbolset glm
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\symb-glm.tex
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=35000].
\definefontsynonym ...?ff \fontclass #1\endcsname
                                                   \@@fontfile
\doifnextchare...
l.39 ...nonym [GuilSerifBold]        [cork-lmbx10]
                                                      [encoding=ec]
If you really absolutely need more capacity,
you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
  35451 strings out of 98461
  549342 string characters out of 1219912
  469342 words of memory out of 1048577
  35000 multiletter control sequences out of 35000
  7 words of font info for 0 fonts, out of 500000 for 1000
  0 hyphenation exceptions out of 607
  23i,2n,28p,276b,536s stack positions out of
1500i,500n,5000p,200000b,32768s
  0 PDF objects out of 300000
  0 named destinations out of 300000
  1 words of extra memory for PDF output out of 65536
No pages of output.

Thanks,

Leon

* Re: TeXexec and MikTeX
@ 2005-11-14  7:43 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-14  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Leon Di Stefano wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have been trying to set up ConTeXt in Windows XP using MikTeX. I have
> been running LaTeX2e through TeXnic center fine.
>
> On the basis of the TeXexec manual, I ran "texexec --make en"
> I attempted to build a small file test.tex by running "texexec --pdf
> test" from the directory in which the file is located.
>
> It said that the default format file could not be found.
>
> I tried increasing the 'pattern memory ops' in the miktex.ini config
> file as you suggested to another TeXer; nothing happened.

Hi,

You'll have to increase another parameter as well, I think
it is called hash_size:

       hash_size = 50000

Taco
PS It would be nice if a miktex user could fix this page:
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MikTeX_Problems