* Context 2005.11.15 Released
@ 2005-11-15 15:14 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-15 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
mirrors.

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip

If you have not updated your Latin Modern fonts in the past
month, then you will need to fetch the latest redistribution
of the LM fonts as well:

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-lmt.zip
   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-lmt.zip
   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-lmt.zip

The current release has version 2005.11.15. As usual, there is a
page with more detailed release notes available on the Wiki,
see: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2005.11.15

New features compared to the 2005.11.14 version:

   *  A new key in \setupregister: prefix=
      This controls page prefixes in index ranges
   *  New functionality: indentnext=auto
      Blank lines in the source are taken into account when
      indextnext=auto is in effect.
      A really short example of usage would be:

      \setupindenting[small,yes]
      \setupformulas[indentnext=auto]
      \starttext
      \startformula a = b\stopformula

      \input tufte % blank line => with indentation

      \startformula a = b\stopformula
      \input tufte % no blank line => no indentation

      \stoptext

Bugs fixed since the 2005.11.14 version:

   * A bug in the new "extension of definitions inside assignments"
     feature in 2005.11.11 accidentally broke the non-english
     interfaces.

Happy TeXing,

Taco Hoekwater

* Re: Context 2005.11.15 Released
@ 2005-11-15 16:18 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-11-15 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>    *  New functionality: indentnext=auto
>       Blank lines in the source are taken into account when
>       indextnext=auto is in effect.
>       A really short example of usage would be:

>       \setupindenting[small,yes]
>       \setupformulas[indentnext=auto]
>       \starttext
>       \startformula a = b\stopformula

>       \input tufte % blank line => with indentation

>       \startformula a = b\stopformula
>       \input tufte % no blank line => no indentation

>       \stoptext

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hans, I love you, will you marry me? ;)

(BTW, I'm wondering if "auto" should be the default
indentnext setting for the displays? Or would that be
pressing too much? :))

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Context 2005.11.15 Released
@ 2005-11-15 17:54   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-15 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I have another request about indentnext.

Is there a chance that a new release will optionally
make \place<float> transparent, even in the "here" case?

This would often be useful after enunciations and paragraph
blocks (answers/exercises).

Greetings,

Taco

@ 2005-11-15 18:22     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-15 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have another request about indentnext.
>
> Is there a chance that a new release will optionally
> make \place<float> transparent, even in the "here" case?

what do you mean with transparent?

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.11.15 Released
@ 2005-11-15 18:34   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-15 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>YOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>
>Hans, I love you, will you marry me? ;)

well, sending me a copy of your thesis once it's finished would be a
good start -)

>(BTW, I'm wondering if "auto" should be the default
>indentnext setting for the displays? Or would that be
>pressing too much? :))

indeed too much a compatibility issue

i was thinking of a module or so: m-indent (or s-indent) or maybe a more
generic module with setups (m-setups), so that one can say:

\setups[auto-indent]

an alternative is to change (in the several \setupcommands) the yes/no's
into something autoyes and autono which will default to yes/auto no/auto
depending on the global setting of yes/auto

(part of a definable method); does that make sense?

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.11.15 Released
@ 2005-11-15 18:39       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-15 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I have another request about indentnext.
>>
>> Is there a chance that a new release will optionally
>> make \place<float> transparent, even in the "here" case?
>

> what do you mean with transparent?

I meant: treated as if it was not present. I could have
sworn it sometimes destroys the indentnext=no setting,
but cannot reproduce that effect with a simple test file.

Will do some digging through sources later this week,
(it is even possible that the 'auto' patched fixed it)

Greetings,
Taco

* Re[2]: Context 2005.11.15 Released
@ 2005-11-15 23:40     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-11-15 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 Hans Hagen wrote:

>>Hans, I love you, will you marry me? ;)
>>
> well, sending me a copy of your thesis once it's finished would be a
> good start -)

That's really not a problem :)

>>(BTW, I'm wondering if "auto" should be the default
>>indentnext setting for the displays? Or would that be
>>pressing too much? :))
>>
> indeed too much a compatibility issue

> i was thinking of a module or so: m-indent (or s-indent) or maybe a more
> generic module with setups (m-setups), so that one can say:

> \setups[auto-indent]

> an alternative is to change (in the several
> \setupcommands) the yes/no's
> into something autoyes and autono which will default to yes/auto no/auto
> depending on the global setting of yes/auto

Uh ... yes, I think something like

\setupformulas[indentnext=default|yes|no|auto]
\setupitemgroup[indentnext=default|yes|no|auto]

etc

and then

\setups[indentnext=yes|no|auto]

?