* type-pre.tex
@ 2005-11-18 11:11 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2005-11-18 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Addition to my previous message re this subject:

In the top of file type-pre.tex it can be read:
     %D This file is obsolete. We now have latin modern and proper
     %D typescripts. Forget about this file.
However, tracing execution of \startformula[bold] shows it is still
read then, whereas on \startformula (without the bold) it is not.

Isn't this an anomaly? Just curious (I hope curiosity is permitted in
this group).

One more observation.
The trace shows an underfull hbox inserted at the start of this file
     \readfilename ->type-pre
     (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/tex/context/base/type-pre.tex
     Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 21--13
     \hbox(0.0+0.0)x426.78743
     .\glue(\rightskip) 0.0
     )
disappearing when a put \endinput right at the start of the file.
I hope this hbox doesn't play havoc with formatting?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: type-pre.tex
@ 2005-11-18 14:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-18 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Addition to my previous message re this subject:
>
> In the top of file type-pre.tex it can be read:
>     %D This file is obsolete. We now have latin modern and proper
>     %D typescripts. Forget about this file.
> However, tracing execution of \startformula[bold] shows it is still
> read then, whereas on \startformula (without the bold) it is not.

strange indeed because the typescript file is indeed read (unless
preloading is enabled in which case the typescripts are loaded in mem)

> Isn't this an anomaly? Just curious (I hope curiosity is permitted in
> this group).

no problem

> One more observation.
> The trace shows an underfull hbox inserted at the start of this file
>     \readfilename ->type-pre
>     (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/tex/context/base/type-pre.tex
>     Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 21--13
>     \hbox(0.0+0.0)x426.78743
>     .\glue(\rightskip) 0.0
>     )
> disappearing when a put \endinput right at the start of the file.
> I hope this hbox doesn't play havoc with formatting?

strange too; you can move down the \endinput stepwise and try to locate
which lines trigger this box

Hans

* Re: type-pre.tex
@ 2005-11-18 14:34   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-18 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
>> One more observation.
>> The trace shows an underfull hbox inserted at the start of this file
>>     \readfilename ->type-pre
>>     (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/tex/context/base/type-pre.tex
>>     Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 21--13
>>     \hbox(0.0+0.0)x426.78743
>>     .\glue(\rightskip) 0.0
>>     )
>> disappearing when a put \endinput right at the start of the file.
>> I hope this hbox doesn't play havoc with formatting?
>
> strange too; you can move down the \endinput stepwise and try to locate
> which lines trigger this box

That problem does not happen here. My first guess is that you
inadvertedly added a character to the file while perusing it.

Cheers, Taco