* bibtex: crossref / van
@ 2005-11-20 17:00 Rob Ermers
From: Rob Ermers @ 2005-11-20 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear friends,

I noticed that the crossref instruction in my bib file does not work. In
the documentation are no clear clues.
I changed InCollection --> InBook and vice versa.
I tried putting the referenced book before and after the referencing
item in the bib file.
In fact, a reference does appear (between brackets), but the  title
referenced to is not printed.

I read in the archive Taco's advice of putting
\setbox\scratchbox={\hbox{\placepublications}} before
\completepublications, but Context stumbles at the setbox command.

2.
I also have problems with sorting author names like Van den Heuvel.
Under Latex I used \noopsort, but this does not seem to work under Context

Does anyone have a clue?

Kind regards,

Robert

* Re: bibtex: crossref / van
@ 2005-11-20 17:09 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-20 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob Ermers wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I noticed that the crossref instruction in my bib file does not work. In
> the documentation are no clear clues.
> I changed InCollection --> InBook and vice versa.
> I tried putting the referenced book before and after the referencing
> item in the bib file.
> In fact, a reference does appear (between brackets), but the  title
> referenced to is not printed.
>
> I read in the archive Taco's advice of putting
> \setbox\scratchbox={\hbox{\placepublications}} before
> \completepublications, but Context stumbles at the setbox command.

I have made an error in that example. It should be

   \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\placepublications}

without the outer braces. Sorry about that (the next release will try
to fix the \crossref).

> 2.
> I also have problems with sorting author names like Van den Heuvel.
> Under Latex I used \noopsort, but this does not seem to work under Context

This should work (but don't define \noopsort yourself, that is already
done by the module itself). A minimal (but complete) example would be
very  welcome. Can you mail me a zip or tar archive privately?

Cheers,
Taco

* Re: bibtex: crossref / van
@ 2005-11-20 18:46   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-20 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: r.ermers

Hi Rob,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> I have made an error in that example. It should be
>
>   \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\placepublications}
>
> without the outer braces. Sorry about that (the next release will try
> to fix the \crossref).

It is one of those days where nothing goes right ... a) this is still
the wrong solution (should have been a \vbox instead of a \hbox), but
also b) this will not work with the new betas, because they handle the
list placement differently. :-(

So, the only way right now to get the effect of \crossref, is to find
the \crossref-ed items that are missing and \cite them by hand in a
non-displayed box, like so:

   \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\cite[bovenkerk-komen2003]}

sorry, I messed that up. Like I said earlier: the next release will
definately fix the actual \crossref, and then all of these silly tricks
will become unnecessary.

>> 2.
>> I also have problems with sorting author names like Van den Heuvel.
>> Under Latex I used \noopsort, but this does not seem to work under
>> Context

This problem was somewhat the reverse of Giuseppe's. The actual
sort order in the bbl is fine, but it failed because the alternative=
and sorttype= commands were both in a single \setuppublications
command, and as a result the sorttype= was ignored completely.

I altered your example document to:

   \setuppublications
      [alternative=apanl]

   \setuppublications
      [sorttype=bbl,
       refcommand=authoryear]

and that made the list come out OK (except for using the english
version of the bibl-apa, since I do not have your dutch one ;-))

Also, if you have the latest beta (1008) there is another bug you
should be aware of. in the definition of \doAU, there is a
\doifempty, where there should be a \doifemptyelse, like so:

\def\doAU#1,#2%
   {\doifemptyelse{#2}
       {#1\bibalternative{otherstext}}
       {#1\bibalternative{andtext}#2}}

I am sorry about all these issues, but at least it should be clear
why it is a beta ... :-/

Greetings, Taco

* Re: bibtex: crossref / van
@ 2005-11-20 22:03     ` Rob Ermers
From: Rob Ermers @ 2005-11-20 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Taco,

I got it working. Thanks.

In the mean time, now the reference works, I got another nasty  problem.
In my file there is a reference from A to B. Both titles are printed OK.
However, the reference to B. does not  print all right. The culprit is
Ye{{\c{s}}}ilg{\"o}z, Y{{\"u}}cel

I tried different ways to solve this by putting, but alas!
Does anyone know how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Robert

A.
@INCOLLECTION{harchaoui-yesilgoz2003,
   author = {Y{\"u}cel Ye{\c{s}}ilg\"oz and Sadik Harchaoui},
   title = {Hoe vang ik een vlieg},
   booktitle={Vliegen vangen},
   year = {2003},
   pages= {59-85},
   crossref={bovenkerk-komen2003},
}

@BOOK{bovenkerk-komen2003,
   editor ="Bovenkerk, Frank and Komen, Mieke and Ye{{\c{s}}}ilg{\"o}z,
Y{{\"u}}cel",
   title ={Vliegen vangen},
   address = {Den Haag},
   publisher = {Boom},
   year = {2003},
}

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> I have made an error in that example. It should be
>>
>>   \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\placepublications}
>>
>> without the outer braces. Sorry about that (the next release will try
>> to fix the \crossref).
>

> It is one of those days where nothing goes right ... a) this is still
> the wrong solution (should have been a \vbox instead of a \hbox), but
> also b) this will not work with the new betas, because they handle the
> list placement differently. :-(
>
> So, the only way right now to get the effect of \crossref, is to find
> the \crossref-ed items that are missing and \cite them by hand in a
> non-displayed box, like so:
>
>   \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\cite[bovenkerk-komen2003]}
>
> sorry, I messed that up. Like I said earlier: the next release will
> definately fix the actual \crossref, and then all of these silly tricks
> will become unnecessary.
>
>>> 2.
>>> I also have problems with sorting author names like Van den Heuvel.
>>> Under Latex I used \noopsort, but this does not seem to work under
>>> Context
>>

> This problem was somewhat the reverse of Giuseppe's. The actual
> sort order in the bbl is fine, but it failed because the alternative=
> and sorttype= commands were both in a single \setuppublications
> command, and as a result the sorttype= was ignored completely.
>
> I altered your example document to:
>
>   \setuppublications
>      [alternative=apanl]
>
>   \setuppublications
>      [sorttype=bbl,
>       refcommand=authoryear]
>
> and that made the list come out OK (except for using the english
> version of the bibl-apa, since I do not have your dutch one ;-))
>
> Also, if you have the latest beta (1008) there is another bug you
> should be aware of. in the definition of \doAU, there is a
> \doifempty, where there should be a \doifemptyelse, like so:
>
> \def\doAU#1,#2%
>   {\doifemptyelse{#2}
>       {#1\bibalternative{otherstext}}
>       {#1\bibalternative{andtext}#2}}
>

> I am sorry about all these issues, but at least it should be clear
> why it is a beta ... :-/
>
> Greetings, Taco

* Re: bibtex: crossref / van
@ 2005-11-20 22:16       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-20 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob Ermers wrote:
> Thanks Taco,
>
> I got it working. Thanks.
>
> In the mean time, now the reference works, I got another nasty  problem.
> In my file there is a reference from A to B. Both titles are printed OK.
> However, the reference to B. does not  print all right. The culprit is
> Ye{{\c{s}}}ilg{\"o}z, Y{{\"u}}cel

Disappearing accents? Try this, right after loading the module:

   \let\sanitizeaccents\relax

Taco