From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: interline space?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:22:26 +0100	[thread overview]

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>Thursday, November 24, 2005 Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>\def\setuprelativeinterlinespace[#1]%
>>  {\processallactionsinset % \regelwit = dummy !
>>     [#1]
>>     [      \v!on=>\oninterlineskip,
>>           \v!off=>\offinterlineskip,
>>         \v!reset=>\setfontparameters,% just \setstrut, test first
>>
>>\s!unknown=>\assignvalue{#1}\regelwit{1.00}{1.25}{1.50}%
>>                   \spacing\regelwit]}
>>

>>now, (apart from \regelwit being dutch), this value is used nowhere
>>else, so this setting will not be seen afterwards
>>

>>in this respect it's not a bug but just a
>>characteristics; however, it
>>would make sense to let it carry over, so ...
>>

>>i have to think about it
>>

>It setupinterlinespace does nothing, why is it present at
>all? Can we get this fixed by the end of the week? It would
>be nice if I could use it in my thesis.

well, it's originally meant for local usage (and then it comes after a
bodyfont switch)

what to think of the following 'feature':

\unprotect

\let\currentrelativeinterlinespace\empty

\def\setuprelativeinterlinespace[#1]%
  {\processallactionsinset
     [#1]
     [      \v!on=>\oninterlineskip,
           \v!off=>\offinterlineskip,
         \v!reset=>\let\currentrelativeinterlinespace\empty
                   \let\synchronizerelativeinterlinespace\relax
                   \setfontparameters,

\v!auto=>\let\synchronizerelativeinterlinespace\dosynchronizerelativeinterlinespace,

\s!unknown=>\assignvalue\commalistelement\currentrelativeinterlinespace{1.00}{1.25}{1.50}%
                   \spacing\currentrelativeinterlinespace]}

\def\dosynchronizerelativeinterlinespace
  {\ifx\currentrelativeinterlinespace\empty\else
     \spacing\currentrelativeinterlinespace
   \fi}

\let\synchronizerelativeinterlinespace\relax

\appendtoks \synchronizerelativeinterlinespace \to \everybodyfont

\protect

so, auto let it adapt to fotn switches:

\setupinterlinespace[auto,big]
\switchtobodyfont[11pt]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}
\stoptext

>Maybe also allow some numerical factor which would be a
>percentage of the amount ConTeXt would choose by default? So
>that
>
>\setupinterlinespace[fraction=1] (default)
>fraction = .5 (half *bleah*)
>fraction = 1.6 (would give what is usually intended as
>"doublespace"

this also works:

\setupinterlinespace[1.75]

Hans