* Moving close to Lucida but still not there
@ 2005-11-24 17:45 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-11-24 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans, Taco, Adam et al,

I dropped all of my lucida pfb and afm fonts into a temporary
directory, ~/tmp/lucida. Change to that directory and entered:

texfont --ve=yandy --co=lucida --ma --in

Log file is attached. I was able to compile the resulting texnansi-
yandy-lucida.tex. Progress.

However, when you look at the log file you will see some "skipping"
of the math fonts, certainly not what I want, being a mathematics
teacher. For example,

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows -> math -> skipping
       use supplied tfm : lbma

        font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi -> math -> skipping
       use supplied tfm : lbmad

I looked in type-buy.dat and found:

# bh lucida

--en=? --ve=bh --co=lucida --re
--en=? --ve=bh --co=lucida --so=bh/lucida --ma --in --expert

Is the fact that I didn't use that --expert switch my problem? How
can I get texfont to not "skip" the math fonts?

[-- Attachment #2: lucida.log --]

lucida $ sudo texfont --ve=yandy --co=lucida --ma --in
Password:

TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.
       encoding vector : texnansi
           vendor name : yandy
           source path : .
       font collection : lucida
       texmf font root : /usr/local/tetex/share/texmf.local
       pdftex map file : texnansi-yandy-lucida.map
           source path : .
      processing files : all on afm path
    locating afm files : using pattern ./*.afm
    locating afm files : using pattern *
         copying files : afm
               copying : lbc.afm
               copying : lbd.afm
               copying : lbdi.afm
               copying : lbdsc.afm
               copying : lbh.afm
               copying : lbi.afm
               copying : lbki.afm
               copying : lbkr.afm
               copying : lbl.afm
               copying : lbma.afm
               copying : lbmad.afm
               copying : lbmatex.afm
               copying : lbmd.afm
               copying : lbmdi.afm
               copying : lbmdo.afm
               copying : lbme.afm
               copying : lbmetex.afm
               copying : lbmi.afm
               copying : lbmitex.afm
               copying : lbmo.afm
               copying : lbmotex.afm
               copying : lbmr.afm
               copying : lbms.afm
               copying : lbmsd.afm
               copying : lbmstex.afm
               copying : lbr.afm
               copying : lbrsc.afm
               copying : lbsl.afm
               copying : lbtb.afm
               copying : lbtbo.afm
               copying : lbto.afm
               copying : lbtr.afm
               copying : lfd.afm
               copying : lfdi.afm
               copying : lfi.afm
               copying : lfr.afm
               copying : lsb.afm
               copying : lsbi.afm
               copying : lsd.afm
               copying : lsdi.afm
               copying : lsi.afm
               copying : lsr.afm
               copying : lstb.afm
               copying : lstbo.afm
               copying : lsto.afm
               copying : lstr.afm
         copying files : pfb
               copying : lbc.pfb
               copying : lbd.pfb
               copying : lbdi.pfb
               copying : lbdsc.pfb
               copying : lbh.pfb
               copying : lbi.pfb
               copying : lbki.pfb
               copying : lbkr.pfb
               copying : lbl.pfb
               copying : lbma.pfb
               copying : lbmad.pfb
               copying : lbmd.pfb
               copying : lbmdi.pfb
               copying : lbmdo.pfb
               copying : lbme.pfb
               copying : lbmi.pfb
               copying : lbmo.pfb
               copying : lbmr.pfb
               copying : lbms.pfb
               copying : lbmsd.pfb
               copying : lbr.pfb
               copying : lbrsc.pfb
               copying : lbsl.pfb
               copying : lbtb.pfb
               copying : lbtbo.pfb
               copying : lbto.pfb
               copying : lbtr.pfb
               copying : lfd.pfb
               copying : lfdi.pfb
               copying : lfi.pfb
               copying : lfr.pfb
               copying : lsb.pfb
               copying : lsbi.pfb
               copying : lsd.pfb
               copying : lsdi.pfb
               copying : lsi.pfb
               copying : lsr.pfb
               copying : lstb.pfb
               copying : lstbo.pfb
               copying : lsto.pfb
               copying : lstr.pfb
        no map file at : /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/context/texnansi-yandy-lucida.map

       font identifier : LucidaCalligraphy-Italic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbc (from lbc)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbc (from texnansi-raw-lbc)

       font identifier : LucidaBright-Demi -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbd (from lbd)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbd (from texnansi-raw-lbd)

       font identifier : LucidaBright-DemiItalic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbdi (from lbdi)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbdi (from texnansi-raw-lbdi)

       font identifier : LucidaBrightSmallcaps-Demi -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbdsc (from lbdsc)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbdsc (from texnansi-raw-lbdsc)

       font identifier : LucidaHandwriting-Italic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbh (from lbh)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbh (from texnansi-raw-lbh)

       font identifier : LucidaBright-Italic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbi (from lbi)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbi (from texnansi-raw-lbi)

       font identifier : LucidaCasual-Italic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbki (from lbki)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbki (from texnansi-raw-lbki)

       font identifier : LucidaCasual -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbkr (from lbkr)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbkr (from texnansi-raw-lbkr)

       font identifier : LucidaBlackletter -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbl (from lbl)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbl (from texnansi-raw-lbl)

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbma

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmad

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmatex
      missing pfb file : lbmatex.pfb

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Demibold -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmd

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-DemiItalic -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmdi

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-AltDemiItalic -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmdo

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Extension -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbme

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Extension -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmetex
      missing pfb file : lbmetex.pfb

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Italic -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmi

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Italic -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmitex
      missing pfb file : lbmitex.pfb

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-AltItalic -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmo

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-AltItalic -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmotex
      missing pfb file : lbmotex.pfb

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Roman -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmr

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Symbol -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbms

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Symbol-Demi -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmsd

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Symbol -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmstex
      missing pfb file : lbmstex.pfb

       font identifier : LucidaBright -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbr (from lbr)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbr (from texnansi-raw-lbr)

       font identifier : LucidaBrightSmallcaps -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbrsc (from lbrsc)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbrsc (from texnansi-raw-lbrsc)

       font identifier : LucidaBright-Oblique -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbsl (from lbsl)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbsl (from texnansi-raw-lbsl)

       font identifier : LucidaTypewriterBold -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbtb (from lbtb)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbtb (from texnansi-raw-lbtb)

       font identifier : LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbtbo (from lbtbo)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbtbo (from texnansi-raw-lbtbo)

       font identifier : LucidaTypewriterOblique -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbto (from lbto)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbto (from texnansi-raw-lbto)

       font identifier : LucidaTypewriter -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lbtr (from lbtr)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lbtr (from texnansi-raw-lbtr)

       font identifier : LucidaFax-Demi -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lfd (from lfd)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lfd (from texnansi-raw-lfd)

       font identifier : LucidaFax-DemiItalic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lfdi (from lfdi)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lfdi (from texnansi-raw-lfdi)

       font identifier : LucidaFax-Italic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lfi (from lfi)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lfi (from texnansi-raw-lfi)

       font identifier : LucidaFax -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lfr (from lfr)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lfr (from texnansi-raw-lfr)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-Bold -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lsb (from lsb)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lsb (from texnansi-raw-lsb)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-BoldItalic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lsbi (from lsbi)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lsbi (from texnansi-raw-lsbi)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-Demi -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lsd (from lsd)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lsd (from texnansi-raw-lsd)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-DemiItalic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lsdi (from lsdi)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lsdi (from texnansi-raw-lsdi)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-Italic -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lsi (from lsi)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lsi (from texnansi-raw-lsi)

       font identifier : LucidaSans -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lsr (from lsr)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lsr (from texnansi-raw-lsr)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-TypewriterBold -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lstb (from lstb)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lstb (from texnansi-raw-lstb)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-TypewriterBoldOblique -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lstbo (from lstbo)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lstbo (from texnansi-raw-lstbo)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-TypewriterOblique -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lsto (from lsto)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lsto (from texnansi-raw-lsto)

       font identifier : LucidaSans-Typewriter -> text -> tfm + vf
generating raw tfm/vpl : texnansi-raw-lstr (from lstr)
     generating new vf : texnansi-lstr (from texnansi-raw-lstr)
     updating map file : texnansi-yandy-lucida.map

            generating : ls-r databases

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.

lucida $ ls
lbc.afm                         lbmstex.afm
lbc.pfb                         lbr.afm
lbd.afm                         lbr.pfb
lbd.pfb                         lbrsc.afm
lbdi.afm                        lbrsc.pfb
lbdi.pfb                        lbsl.afm
lbdsc.afm                       lbsl.pfb
lbdsc.pfb                       lbtb.afm
lbh.afm                         lbtb.pfb
lbh.pfb                         lbtbo.afm
lbi.afm                         lbtbo.pfb
lbi.pfb                         lbto.afm
lbki.afm                        lbto.pfb
lbki.pfb                        lbtr.afm
lbkr.afm                        lbtr.pfb
lbkr.pfb                        lfd.afm
lbl.afm                         lfd.pfb
lbl.pfb                         lfdi.afm
lbma.afm                        lfdi.pfb
lbma.pfb                        lfi.afm
lbmad.afm                       lfi.pfb
lbmad.pfb                       lfr.afm
lbmatex.afm                     lfr.pfb
lbmd.afm                        lsb.afm
lbmd.pfb                        lsb.pfb
lbmdi.afm                       lsbi.afm
lbmdi.pfb                       lsbi.pfb
lbmdo.afm                       lsd.afm
lbmdo.pfb                       lsd.pfb
lbme.afm                        lsdi.afm
lbme.pfb                        lsdi.pfb
lbmetex.afm                     lsi.afm
lbmi.afm                        lsi.pfb
lbmi.pfb                        lsr.afm
lbmitex.afm                     lsr.pfb
lbmo.afm                        lstb.afm
lbmo.pfb                        lstb.pfb
lbmotex.afm                     lstbo.afm
lbmr.afm                        lstbo.pfb
lbmr.pfb                        lsto.afm
lbms.afm                        lsto.pfb
lbms.pfb                        lstr.afm
lbmsd.afm                       lstr.pfb
lbmsd.pfb                       texnansi-yandy-lucida.tex
lucida $

David

* Re: Moving close to Lucida but still not there
@ 2005-11-24 22:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-24 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> Hans, Taco, Adam et al,
>
> I dropped all of my lucida pfb and afm fonts into a temporary
> directory, ~/tmp/lucida. Change to that directory and entered:
>
> texfont --ve=yandy --co=lucida --ma --in
>
> Log file is attached. I was able to compile the resulting texnansi-
> yandy-lucida.tex. Progress.
>
> However, when you look at the log file you will see some "skipping"
> of the math fonts, certainly not what I want, being a mathematics
> teacher. For example,
>
>       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows -> math -> skipping
>       use supplied tfm : lbma
>
>        font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi -> math -> skipping
>       use supplied tfm : lbmad
>
> I looked in type-buy.dat and found:
>
> # bh lucida
>
> --en=? --ve=bh --co=lucida --re
> --en=? --ve=bh --co=lucida --so=bh/lucida --ma --in --expert
>
> Is the fact that I didn't use that --expert switch my problem? How
> can I get texfont to not "skip" the math fonts?

because they are rather special, math and expert fonts are left
untouched by texfont so you should move the supplied tfm files (as
reported) to the yandy/lucida path yourself

(and run mktexlsr afterwards)

(lucida is one of the few commercial fonts with math support, so this is
an exception; the free math fonts (quite some now) are already in the te
distributions)

Hans