* How is it possible to include DraTex code in Context ?
@ 2005-11-25  4:55 Fabrice Larribe
From: Fabrice Larribe @ 2005-11-25  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

    I'm presently doing my first steps with Context, which seems
absolutly wonderfull... so thanks to the developper(s).
    In the past, I was using plain tex with a macro package called
DraTex to draw all sorts of things; so I have a "library" of figures
which I would like to resuse in Context. I have seen no specific
reference in the Context manual(s) about the compatibility of Context
with others plain tex packages. When I do: "\input DraTex.sty \input
AlDraTex.sty" I have the message "No room for a new \dimen"... If I load
only the first package (DraTex), this works, but for advances things, I
need AlDraTex. So the question: how is it possible to include DraTex
code in Context ?

    Thanks for any help.
    Fabrice L.

    Ps: I know metafun exists !

* Re: How is it possible to include DraTex code in Context ?
@ 2005-11-25 14:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-25 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice Larribe wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I'm presently doing my first steps with Context, which seems
> absolutly wonderfull... so thanks to the developper(s).
>    In the past, I was using plain tex with a macro package called
> DraTex to draw all sorts of things; so I have a "library" of figures
> which I would like to resuse in Context. I have seen no specific
> reference in the Context manual(s) about the compatibility of Context
> with others plain tex packages. When I do: "\input DraTex.sty \input
> AlDraTex.sty" I have the message "No room for a new \dimen"... If I
> load only the first package (DraTex), this works, but for advances
> things, I need AlDraTex. So the question: how is it possible to
> include DraTex code in Context ?

you may try the attachec module

- move the file to context/base
- run mktexlsr
- in the document say: \usemodule[dratex]

the two line hack in teh file is needed to bypass dratex's dimension
allocation stuff

no guarantees

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: m-dratex.tex --]

* Re: How is it possible to include DraTex code in Context?
@ 2005-11-25 17:39   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-25 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice Larribe wrote

> Thanks for your help. I have put the two files in context/base, and
> use \usemodule. In the log,
> the system inform that the two modules are loaded. But I have the same
> error, "No room for a new \dimen".
> So this is not working. Unless you have others ideas, I guess I have
> to do my figures in plain tex to obtain
> pdf, and then use the pdf in Context. Of course, a better solution is
> to learn metafun....!!
> Thanks for your help.

can you make a small test file that shows the problem?

(when we have it working i'll ask Eitan to fix this, i.e. adapt dratex
to etex usage)

Hans

* Re: How is it possible to include DraTex code in Context?
       [not found] <3DA71F8D231E5F40956368B045D89FB4035821C0@calepin.gst.uqam.ca>
@ 2005-11-25 15:10 ` Fabrice Larribe
From: Fabrice Larribe @ 2005-11-25 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,